1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2008 CR125 questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john01, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I would definitely stick to 32:1 for break in....

start the bike...dont ride till the bottom of the rads are warm.....takes few minutes

ride the bike smoothly...dont lug it....or rev the tits off it....get it through all the gears

then shut it off...till it completely cools

do that cycle few times....and your good to go

get the jetting right.....you will be shocked at the zizz this little motor has.....and pretty flexible too

some oils burn cleaner than others.....just make sure your running something reputable

I like 32:1 for track...40 or 50:1 for bush......I use Maxima k2 and super M in the WR
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thank you all for your suggestions on break in and oils. I will be following the 32:1 ratio for sure. Oil brand.... seems like I have several good choices.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a 2006 CR 125 and a 2008 Cr 125 the bikes are great.For break in we rode it around easy for a while then let it cool down Then rode it easy for another 1/2 hour
    that was it At the end of 2006 the bike had about 1800 race miles so we replaced the piston and rings.For 2007 it got only about 1000 miles of racing then another piston .Then in 2008 i raced it all year in the Nationals and won a # 1 plate.For 2009 it was to be retired since i got a new 2008 bike ,but my son said let me do a few Nationals on it .This after having almost 2000 more race miles on it .Well after 4 Nationals and over another 400 miles he has got 3 first places and one second We have a little time before the next race so i took the
    never been rebuilt lower end to George Earl of Uptight to check it out .The bike is that tuff you should see the way the kids ride it they hold it wide open after a long valley crossing or after pulling a big hill they keep it pinned but hit the kill switch to slow down
    My 2008 bike has almost 1800 miles and i will do a top end before the next National
    As for jetting i am lucky both bikes have been race from below sea level to up to 6 thousand feet stock as delevered.I did try this year to do a little jetting but returned
    back to stock it just works best for us.As for oil we use Motorex 2T mixed 32 to 1 with race gas .Both the plug and the pipe look great ,as for the gear box we also use motorex 15/50 4T which is there 4 stroke oil .Works great no lower end problem and the clutch went almost 3 years.The little Husky 125 is just a good bike do what you want but first try riding it as delivered you might just see it works as is just go have fun .I beleive you will ride it more then any of your other bikes
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow that was an awsome write up ajaxauto. If I hadn't seen the pics of the 2010 bikes I may have called and had two 125's ready for me to pick up. I will break this one in ride it and if it's half the bike I have read it is I might pass this one down to my son and get me the 10 if they don't have any first year bugs. I was looking at the KTM 150's but a mechanic at the dealership said they would need "freshing up about twice a year if I didn't ride it much". That and I don't care for how my son's 08SX 450 feels lead me back to the Husky. Plus the Husky's just look so GOOD! Thanks for your input I appreciate it very much.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just called and my 08 CR 125 is 90% together. So Looks like a road trip tomorrow to pick it up!
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    You're gonna love it!
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hope so I will be leaving in thirty minutes to drive four hours to pick it up.