2008 610sm chain recommendation?

Discussion in '610/630' started by mconway, Nov 30, 2014.

1. mconway Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250, 450smr, 610sm
    Desperately need a new chain for my 610.
    There is obviously a wide range of prices.
    Any specific recs?
    X-ring? O-ring?

I ride just about everyday in the city and out in the twisties a few times a month, so the chain is subjected to a good amount of dust, moisture, grit, etc. I'm also not great about maintenance.

Thanks
  2. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I personally prefer DID chains as the "best bang for the buck." The last couple of chains have been x-ring chains; not because they're any better, but because that's what they had in DID.

But this having been said, just get the cheapest 520 open roller chain you can find and change it every couple of months. If you don't maintain it, it doesn't matter what chain you use.
  3. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    When it comes time for me to change the chain, I'll seriously look into the "DID 520 VT2 Narrow Enduro Racing X-Ring Chain"
    I used to go through cheaper chains like crazy on a Honda crf450r. They would keep on stretching. I put that VT2 narrow (narrow because there isn't enough clearance to put a regular o or x ring chain on the CRF) and that thing has been rock solid. The crf450 has a much violent power hit than the te 630. So with proper lub and care, I'm thinking anyting that works good on it has to be just fine on the 630.
    JonXX likes this.