2008 610 TE Lowering Kit

Discussion in '610/630' started by Rough Rider, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would like to know if there is a lowering kit for the 610, the seat height is a little on the tall side for me.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    No kits that I know of, maybe a lowering link?

I had my 610 lowered via internal suspension mods when I had it revalved/resprung for my weight/riding style. I think this is the best way to go about it. At least, this method has always worked well for me on all my dirtbikes :)

WoodsChick
  3. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had les take an 1 1/2" out of the travel and revalved for great dualsport action. I have lowered my last two bikes and consider this a manitory mod with my 29" inseam. This has made my 610 a great bike for me.
  4. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    We sell a Kouba link that drops about 1.5 in.,you must grind the web in back of the swing arm out some.but does work well and cost is,we sell for about $150.and slide the forks up until the reflectors touch works well.We have done this set up to at least 10 of them.billf www.billshusky.com
  5. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    I lowered my other bike (KLX250s) 1" with the method BillF described above. Many people said that it would mess up the handling of the bike. I rode the bike stock for a while, then installed the links and slid up the forks. I could not tell any difference between the stock and lowered setup, other than the fact that the seat height is now lower, I have 1" less ground clearance, and my kickstand length is changed. It was cheap and effective. Having the suspension internally lowered and custom valving would be ideal, but this is definitely a good option if you're on a budget.