1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2007 WR125??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Eucy, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Eucy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMZ250, Suzuki TS250X.
    Hi, Have a 2007 WR125 which has lost spark.Trying to find problem but question has come up whether it should have CDI unit on it, or not. The manual I have shows a CDI in WR125 schematic but not in a parts drawing. Only a coil and generator. The CR125 parts drawing below it does show CDI. I believe other WR125's though have CDI's.

While I'm sure mine doesn't have one (no mount or wiring for one) could someone just clear this up for me.
  2. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    There has to be a CDI, can't hook the coil directly to the stator and have it work. Not sure where they're mounted on the '07 but my '11 is hanging under the fuel tank sort of above the spark plug
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    No CDI on a WR
    I have fixed three WRs that have lost their spark.
    First one was a broken coil mounts.
    Second one was a broken wire in the loom around the headstock area. (bike had full wiring loom for lights ect)
    And the last one was a coil failure.
    I would start by making sure the earth/ground wire is clean where it mounts at the coil as they are prone for that and also disconnect the kill switch wiring incase its gone to earth.
    steadydirt likes this.
  4. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    Johnnyboy is right, sort of. Lol. By the description of the coil in the parts catalog it must have a CDI built into it. Husky calls it a power module or something like that where the CR is just listed as coil, and separate electronic box..
  5. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    Yes built into wr coil check your ignition stator output should get ac output when kickin it over these have a seperate winding for ignition connect voltmeter to output wires and check if you have no output your ignition winding has grounded out and will have to be rewound.
    Get yourselfa fly wheel puller check wires behind flywheel sometimes they contact the flywheel and get cut.usual suspects first all connections and check te kill switch very rare for coils to be the issue, you can rewind the ignition winding quite easily yurself but you will have to pull the flywheel and remove the stator.
    Check high tension lesd between coil and spark plug including cap.
  6. Eucy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMZ250, Suzuki TS250X.
    Since taken bike to mechanic. He found a coil burnt out on stator and had it rewired. All's good.
    Yes there is no cdi, at least not a seperate one.
    Thanks for responses and advice. Good stuff. Cheers.