2007 TE610 power question

Discussion in '610/630' started by jst1970, Aug 6, 2016.

1. jst1970 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Hey Gang - new to the Husky world but not the riding world.

Bought a used 07 TE610 - loved it on the test ride. A bit banged up but still a blast and excited to get out there adventuring with her. It had been dropped a few times by the last owner, and the radiators were pretty bent up along with the cooling fan squeeling. But overall a solid bike.

Got it home last week and pulled the radiators off and mailed them to Mylers in Utah (they do great work) - also ordered up a new fan online. Anyhow, waiting for the parts I put a new clutch cable on the bike too. After that, this afternoon I wanted to see if in neutral so powered up the key. Nothing happened, like there was no battery. Figured no biggie, bike needs a battery and got out the jump box. Still nothing. Weird. Got the multimeter - battery is fully charged. very weird.

While I get the fact the bike is apart, the only electrical connection touched is the fan, so I even plugged the bad fan in. Still nothing. Grrr.... so......

Where is step one on these to diagnose a no power issue? Sorry to join and need help right out of the gate, but hoping you all can point me the right way. I am no newbie to wrenching, just need to know where to look first. Thanks and I appreciate the help in advance! - Jason
  2. jst1970 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    well it was just a fuse under the seat. not sure why it failed but that was all it took to fix it up.
  3. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    Check your fuses behind both side panels under the seat. Also check your wiring especially the wiring around the battery tray. The bike likes to chew through the wiring due to the sharp edges of the battery box and how it's routed.

image.png image.png
  4. jst1970 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Thank you so much. Found a bad fuse and its all fixed. Where are these images from if I may ask? Would have been very helpful to have access to them.
  5. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
  6. jst1970 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    thank you!