1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2007 TE450 Questions

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by tallywacker, Jun 21, 2009.

1. tallywacker Husqvarna
    B Class

What is the difference between the TE450 limited power street engine, and the full power racing engine? I have the dual sport factory setup. My buddy who rides a 06 CRF 450 siad it seems like it has less hit than his bike on the track. On the trails, I keep up, on the street I smoke him, (the 6th gear probably is the reason).

Is it just the carb jets?

It has all the power I think I need, just curious.

Also, Is there an advantage to having a cooling fan? Not sure I need one, but I heard the Euro bikles come with them. Not looking for more junk, just want to keep my bike cherry. In the manual, there is a warning against idling in traffic on the full power bike.

Last, who makes the cool headlight setup lat lets you really able to ride at night? Something like baja designs? I don't know all the cool names. Just a dirty Oregon boy. Got a link? Does it draw power form the eletrical system against the grain?

Thanks,

----John
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

LIGHTS:Search Motosportz or Trailtech or Baja Designs or Electrosport for lighting options.

TE vs. CRF
    The TE is a street legal bike, and comes with an exhaust to comply. Replacing the choked up stock exhaust will allow the bike to rev faster.
    Overall the bike isnt really much faster, but in terms of acceleration down low, it is improved.

IMO the bike is actually faster off road with the stock exhaust (and cetainly much quieter), but yes a bit slower on the track with that can.
    See the 'aftermarket list' for links to aftermarket exhausts.

FANS;
    I mounted a fan on my '07. Its very easy to do. Just buy a OEM fan and mount. The problem is how to make it automatic, its more complicated. I just put a manual switch.

IMO all dirt bikes should have smaller/lighter radiators, and dual fans. Fans work great. :thumbsup:
    There are links to OEM parts fiche at the bottom of the aftermarket parts list. Fans are standard in the new bikes and the 'tards. The OEM parts to make the bike fan automatic require removal of the motor, and some tricky drilling of the cylinder. Other options include aftermarket sensor in the radiator hose.

hope that helps.
  3. tallywacker Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks.

I'll look into the fan, seems like a good idea.

Another question, the bottom frame tab on the kickstand is begining to crack, and the stand just sucks. I know it is a matter of time til I see the bike on its side. Is there a good aftermarket option for it, or should I look into welding/repairing the existing one?

Last, who makes the best extra capacity fuel tank for the 07 TE450?

Thanks,

----John
  4. tallywacker Husqvarna
    B Class

I ordered the fan kit today.

I'll post pics of the conversion as I go.