1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2007 Te450 Electrical Problem

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by highboots, Sep 7, 2021.

1. highboots Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KDX200
    This bike has been is storage for several years. I parked it because the carb was acting up and would cut out back fire and such. I decided to get it going so I replaced the battery and now there is no power to the starter. The odometer will flash on and show the miles when I connect the battery and then shuts off and nothing. If I wait a while it will show the mileage again and shut off again. The turn signals will work but thats all. I looked at the two 15 amp fuses and the looked good. I did have mice in my storage garage so I did look at some of the wiring trying to find a problem there. Please give me some help to solve my problem.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Check the big gang connector next to the steering stem. Corrosion can build up there, and even rot out the wiring right where the insulation ends and the connector starts. I had to clean the connections in that plug on my bike, and also repair/replace one of the connection spades.
  3. highboots Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KDX200
    Thank You for the reply. I will check it out in the morning.
    I see your from Escondido. I bought my TE450 from Ron Bishop. He was a good guy he set it up and it was perfect. RIP Ron we miss you...
  4. highboots Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KDX200
    0.jpg
    I didn’t have a lot of time this morning but I did find a diode with a gray wire broken off behind the headlight. The diode had power I touched the broken wire to the diode and nothing changed. I did poke around with my test light a bit and found the turn signal flasher that had power too. Ran out of time today I need to get a wiring diagram so I can trace the power to find the problem.