1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2007 Te 510! What am I in for?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by RickyDZero, Apr 27, 2016.

1. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    I just pulled the trigger on a 2007 Te 510. It has Recluse clutch, Leo Vance exhaust and a 3 gallon tank (not on the bike). Plus stock clutch and exhaust and 2 new front fenders and a few other odds and ends. Seems to have loads of power and has e-start. I paid $3900, So what am I in for? Oh I forgot has the JD jet kit in it.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    If it has been serviced regularly and had frequent oil and filter changes (air and water) then not a lot to go wrong. The O7 was a slight improvement on the 06 which was itself a step up from the 05. particularly around the clutch-I had both and they were brilliant.
    I would have the valves/tappets checked to see if they are still in spec, change the oil, lube the swing arm/linkage and steering head bearings. Also look at the chain and sprockets
    for wear and replace is required. Also test your wheel bearings, if ok, re-lube whilst doing the swing arm and steering head re greasing.
    Check the wires under the seat for signs of chaffing.
    Clean and re-lube the air filter.
    Check the wheel spacers for wear. replace is required.
    Take the spark plug out and put in an Iridium one-helps with cold starts

Going forward. I recommend putting in 2 cap fulls of two stoke oil in your fuel ie at each refill. Acts as a top end valve cushion and lubes the top ring (also acts as a fuel stabiliser)
    Change oil after 300-500 kms and change the oil filter every second oil change. Check the air filter and clean when required-this could be after 1 ride if very dusty.
    Look at the exhaust when the engine is warm. If smokey either Black (fuel) or bluish (oil) the top end is tired.
    Have a peek at the clutch basket and plates and assess their state of repair, also take the stator cover off and clean.
    Sounds daunting but these are brilliant and robust bikes and worthy of a through going over for their longevity and your piece of mind..
  3. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    I have a 08 tc 510 and love it! Best bike i have owned. I agree with what ghte says except for the adding oil to the gas part. You ever see what a 2 stroke exhaust valve looks like after a while? Thats what your valve seats and valves will look like. Also i would not be putting oil through a pumper carb. Just my 2 cents.

One other thing is take apart the rear shock linkage and lube it. The bearings get rusted and siezed about every 30 hours or so If you wash and ride in water often. That goes for all linkaged rear dirt bikes.
    rancher1 likes this.
  4. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Forgot a very important thing. The rear brake line runs up the swing arm and loops to the master. This loop touches the engine case and will eat a big chunk out of the case. All you have to do is loosen the banjo nut and retighten with the loop tighter. Also spray some lube on the fuel shut off valve at the tank. They get stuck.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

the
    2007models have grease zerks on the linkage, so that will be easy
  6. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Ah man, luckyyyy.
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I have used 2 stroke oil at circa 150:1 for over 10 years it does not foul the plugs, fuel injectors or the carby. I use Iridium plugs and they always look just right. You have nothin to loose doing this preventative approach
    Dirtdame likes this.
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    You have a great bike there RickyDZero. You will love it, until you hit the crazy extreme single track. It will be a handful there and will try to kill you. Enjoy that beast. :cheers:
  9. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    :thumbsup:You just bought yourself a lot of fun and if you follow the above suggestions , should be able to keep that bike as long as you still want to ride it . They are reliable and have more power on tap than most people could ask for . When you hit that single track don't get crazy with the throttle these things will pull like a tractor plus you have the auto clutch. The only other thing I would recommend is setting the suspension up for you, correct springs and setting the sag or revalving if need be . Have fun:cheers:
    RickyDZero likes this.
  10. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    I went for my first trail ride today. I could not be happier! This bike is amazing, the auto clutch and the power put a smile on my face from ear to ear. Called Evo yesterday he is going to lower my bike 2in and put in proper spring rates for my weight. Then more serious riding like playing on a vintage moto-x track and harder single track. I think this may be the best bike I could of got for what I like doing, plus quick trips to the store (maybe not so quick. I will take the long way.LOL).
  11. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630, 610, WXE 610, TE 450, WXE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
    I recently purchased an 09 TE 450 with the Z Start Pro clutch and the plates squeak loudly when the auto clutch is engaging. The bike has about 1,800 miles on it, just about all trail riding as I understand it. I wonder what friction plates to get OEM Husky or perhaps Barnett?