1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2007 TE 450 Build

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by oneal, Jan 7, 2018.

1. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Has some of you may or may not know that i had cam bearing go on my 2007 450. So while the motor was out i thought that i might as well carry on and do the rest of the bike. So here is a few pictures to show where I am right now. ill post up more if anyone's interested. The forks where rebuilt for me by Nick at pro racing with SKF Seals and fresh 7.5 weight oil. The list of new Parts as been growing steadily starting with new stead stock bearings. Front and rear wheel bearings and spacers with new pirelli mx extra tires front and back. I've replaced all the swing arm bearings and linkage bearings. There is still a lot to do and im hoping by the weekend she maybe finished. Or at least running.

Attached Files:

2. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sold TriumphTiger800xcx, TR650 Terra
    Looks like you tore it down to the frame and starting over. Did you powder coat the frame? Looks like new paint.
  3. Highflyer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FC550,FE650, Kawasaki KX250
    ....and the head cover?
    I have the 2007 TE450 myselfe, and it has gray head cover and silver gray frame. ;-)
  4. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    i basically pulled the whole bike down to nothing while the motor was out. The frame was blasted and etched and then powder coated in gloss black. The original frame color was silver grey but it was tired and looking old. The red head cover came from the 08 model te 450 which was fitted when the motor was finished.
  5. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    So end up being a frame off restoration then. I can understand your madness! I bet it will look good when you are finished.
  6. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I Hope it looks good, there is still a lot to do. But i did managed to get a few jobs done today. Like getting the fan mounted and the head light in place. Im still waiting on more parts to turn up one of them being new husky plastics. I will take some more pictures tomorrow and post them up soon.
    Riding Again likes this.
  7. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is where i am right now, and ive added a more few pics along the way. ,The rolling chassis is nearly complete. I've got the fan on now and engine ice in the motor with no leaks so that's a bonus. The exhaust header was pretty ruff so ive spent the rest of the day cleaning off crud. ive added a picture of how the exhaust was. Next up for cleaning was the rear sub frame and when the rear fender was removed i found the cable for the back light to be worn through in a couple places. So a another quick call to my awesome local husky dealer, and now i wait again parts which should only be a few days.

Attached Files:

Scootskipper and KaramanTE450 like this.
  8. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well i was lucky today and i had some more time and i managed to get pretty much all the electrics finished. The sub frame is now fitted along with a new rear brake pedal, all the brakes have new brake pads and have been bleed up. Im only waiting on one part and then all body can be fitted.

Attached Files:

KaramanTE450 likes this.
  9. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Exhaust turned out looking good. I take it you washed and then polished it? I just did mine like that and used some meguiers metal polish and the pipe looks like yous in the picture. Smells like grapes until it burns off too. lol

Your bike is coming along a little at a time. Although it looks like you are on the home stretch and almost there!
  10. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi all well ive added the last few pictures she's now all done so let me know what you think. And today she ran and started second push of the button, its been and interesting project sorry i didn't post up enough information a long the way but things have been a bit hectic lately. For the exhaust i cleaned it with a soft wire wheel and metal polish it took me a few hours to get it all done.

Attached Files:

KaramanTE450, NCSteve and Oldscool like this.
  11. Highflyer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FC550,FE650, Kawasaki KX250
    She IS looking good!:applause::love:
  12. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    The bike looks better than new! Great job!

Not to be critical just trying to see the thought. What is the yellow for?
  13. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The yellow back grounds are for when we do the rallies and they are for the open class. And on a plus side it also protects the side panels a bit. Im pretty chuffed you like the way she looks.
    Ive got another one to do next winter the 05 450 will get the same treatment.
    Riding Again likes this.