1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2007 TC450 Stator help

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Latetothegame, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Latetothegame Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC/TE/250/450 2007
    I can't seem to diagnose my stator. My battery seems to charge really slowly and i'm not entirely convinced its working correctly. I am using a Trailtech full wave regulator, tusk automatic fan (15W) and a BD (23w) LED headlight and when i have the light on or the fan is being used regularly my battery is draining. From what I've read the stator should be able to support that draw. At idle i generally only see it start at 12.5vdc and then it creeps up slowly until it gets into the mid 13s. Voltage goes up a little with rpm but it doesn't seem to raise the voltage substantially.

Resistance RW to RB is 14
    Y to W .3

I have a spare stator that i'm not sure what condition its in as it came with the bike.

Resistance RW to RB is 29
    Y to W .3

Any tips are helpfull. Thanks. Kind of leaning towards just getting the trailtech upgraded stator but want to save the money if i'm just missing something.
  2. Bioman2016 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Kawasaki KFX50
    What is your battery voltage when the bike is off? Should be around 12.4. If below 12, it can be your battery. From what you describe, if your voyage is 13.4+ when the accessories are off and bike is at idle, your stator seems to be working fine. I believe your accessories draw more power than the stator can deliver. If you can ride a day with the accessories off and the battery maintains charge, then the stator works, there’s just too much of a demand from the accessories. Go out on a ride and diagnose! I’m thinking upgrade the stator to keep up with the demand.