2007 SMR Fuel Injected???

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by StoeckerT, Jul 9, 2016.

1. StoeckerT Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 Husqvarna SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    I recently picked up an '07 SMR 510 from a friend of mine. I'm new to Huskies, and so far having a blast. From my understanding, they were carbed until '08? My '07 is EFI. Has anyone else heard of this, or can possibly tell me why? I'm finding that '07s are rare enough here in the US, but this is unheard of.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  3. StoeckerT Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 Husqvarna SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    I appreciate that. It has a very clean title with 2 previous owners, all VINS match and everything seems kosher. I was thinking I could have been a late 2007. Anyway, thanks for the info. Makes it a bit more unique.
  4. Teeszy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R , 2016 FE501S
    If your 07 has a throttle body instead of a carb then someone along the way may have transplanted engines. The diameter and bolt pattern of the intake boot area are different, and I believe they would also have had to add a stronger stator with more poles as came in 08 to support the additional draw of efi. Further, it'd have to be rewired to match the additional wattage output. Glad it works whatever type of hybrid it is.. I did the opposite, bought an 08 engine and converted her back to fit the carb on my 06 smr510. it would be cool to have found one released from the factory that way but I just doubt it that's all. Peace
  5. StoeckerT Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 Husqvarna SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    Hey I appreciate the input on that. I would be more inclined to believe your explanation.