1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2006 Wre 125 Nightmare Please Help!!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 2strokebloke, Mar 28, 2020.

1. 2strokebloke Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    motorhispania ryz50
    Hello all , new to this forum so please forgive any slip ups

In September of last year I purchased a 2006 wre 125 for a very good price (£450) , the seller stated that the bike only needed a new stator and it would run , as I’m sure you have all realised due to the title this was not the case , the bike arrived and I pulled off the stator plate , wrong stator (some aftermarket 12 pole POS) and no woodruff key . This is where my problems began. I scoured the internet for a viable replacement stator but couldn’t find one. , at this time I thought it necessary to take a look at the wiring loom , it was cut to shreds , and beyond repair to the point that even after purchasing a workshop manual with the wiring diagram , it made no sense.

So I purchased all of the parts for my build hoping that I’d eventually find a solution (two engines) both off cr 125s of the same year but one turning out to be a 1996. A mikuni tmx38 flatslide , and a pro racing cr125 xc lighting kit so that I had some sort of legitimate wiring. (This kit came with a headlight , tail light , associated wiring , and a stator.) I thought this would be the solution to my problems , however sadly it wasn’t.

I have the cool , and voltage regulator that came on the bike.

now the problem that I am now presented with is that I have the coil , voltage regulator , and stator , but cannot source the correct wires or diagrams to be able to connect them , does anyone on here have any idea where to find them or how to proceed.

Finally , would a ktm 125 exc stator and cdi work instead as that seems to be possible but I’m not sure

Thanks , Tim
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Knowing how ignitions work, is a good place to start. I once bought a Gas Gas trials bike that the wiring was messed up on, and ended up cutting the whole wiring harness off the machine and starting over. I just needed the three wires from the (lighting)winding, and the wire from the ignition winding on the stator. The lighting coil would have to run the radiator fan switch...and I elected not to run the lighting on the bike. The ignition lead would have to run to a kill switch and then to the ignition coil. Anyway, the three wires go to a regulator, or if you have a battery on the bike, they go to a regulator/rectifier. A rudimentary understanding of how the systems work will be needed for the work. If you are not good with electrical, probably will need to find somebody who is.
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    let me start with NEVER buy something that doesn't run unless you possess the skills or have the money to make it run
    that said, can I guess you plan to ride this off-road?????
    if you plan to use it on a highway that is WAY different, seeing as this model was a road bike I ask?
    before you start, and before you spend any more money you need to asses or have a plan of your end result
    assume nothing of what you have or bought without first testing and confirming, not all coils will work with all ignitions (magnetos)
    are your components tested, and matching???
    if not stop there and find out before going further
    if they are and you are certain, get a shop manual and be sure it is for the ignition you have or bought, otherwise the testing procedures might not work
    do you have pictures of all the components and the bike??
  4. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. 2strokebloke Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    motorhispania ryz50
    Thanks for the helpful replies and thoughts

To clarify what I intend to use the bike for , road use , the bike was purchased as a wre (road bike) and I have put a cr engine , pipe , swing arm and sub frame on , converting it to a cr . Though my mileage is very low (2000-3000 miles a year).

I have found a site called italhusky, that I can buy the 2005 cr 125 cdi , complete stator with wires and backplate.

I do not intend to run a battery as there doesn’t seem to be a need for one since there isn’t a starter motor.

@2premo , I will post some pictures later for clarification in hopes someone can help me with what I have and if it’s salvageable
  6. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    using a CR ignition means no power for lights, any lights
  7. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    If your all changed over to CR then if you get an ignition with lighting coil you can run a simple wiring diagram to lights and brakelight switch.
    Bill
  8. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

British Columbia, Chilliwack River Valley
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    This is for reference only ... thinkin these would be the components you would need ... Hope the pic helps CC17DFEF-20F0-4BA1-AF0B-6D937094E798.png
  9. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

British Columbia, Chilliwack River Valley
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
  10. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  11. 2strokebloke Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    motorhispania ryz50
    Hi bill , looks like exactly what I need THANK YOU .

Quick question to the UK guys , my bike is a 2005 manufacture year and spec but is an 06 plate , was this common for the husky’s or could it indicate late registration or the bike having been a floor model

Finally , since is the 05 it’s hard to find a good sticker set , are the 24mx ones any good ?
  12. zigzag Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    125 WR
    The cone of the cranshft is not the same on cr
    cagiva mito is the same on wre
  13. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
  14. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Don't think that it matters, he has an WRE with CR motor in it.
    Bill
  15. zigzag Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    125 WR
    i did not see !