2006 Te610 Broken Pushrod

Discussion in '610/630' started by Town610, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Town610 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna the 610 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ninja, Honda xl500, Suzuki
    Hey all, I’m new so stick with me here. I was out dual sporting on my 610 the other day and soon found that my clutch cable was at the end of its travel and my clutch was slipping. I found that the pushrod was not being pulled back each clutch pull by the spring. I adjusted it the best I could on a trail and tried to drive it home. I made it a few miles and I lost all clutch abilities and looked down to see the top of the push rod had snapped off and the rest was still in the engine. I saw a sm610 forum with the same problem but the magnet I tried just isn’t doing it! Does anyone have an idea how to get it out without tearing the bike apart? Thanks!
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    The pushrod is the part that goes through the gearbox shaft, the actuator is the part the clutch cable goes to and pulls on. Im assuming the part that has broken is the actuator. There is a notch in the actuator that the pushrod goes in and will stop you getting it out. Take the clutch cover off and take the push rod out the shaft.

This is one that has fractured and bent.
    [IMG]
  3. Town610 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna the 610 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ninja, Honda xl500, Suzuki
    Okay thanks! I have never done work on a transmission so I’m not very good with knowing what parts go where! Do you know of any websites that would have the actuator?
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Here is some better info - http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/sudden-slack-in-clutch-lever.19101/ On the second page of the linked thread someones says theyve had theirs welded. if you successfully get the part out, you might be able to get it TIG welded. This is as useful as im going to get, other forum members will have to chip in for more help.
  5. MATPOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    too many
    Viktors likes this.