2000 TC610--Tuning Help. Oh, and some Electrical Questions

Discussion in '610/630' started by davisMFG, Feb 26, 2015.

1. davisMFG Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 TC610
    Friends,

I recently purchased a 2000 TC610. Oddly enough, the title says it's a 2003 TE610, but the guy I bought it from insists--after months of research--that it's a 2000 TC 610.

Anyway, I'm trying to get the bike dialed in. So far I've given it a complete overhaul from suspension to carbs.

However, a few things have my stumped after I plugged it all back in and fired it up:

1. Where is the air adjustment screw?
    2. Where is the idle adjustment screw?

The bike IS starting up well now but will not stay running--I need to adjust the idle up a little.

3. If I want to add a headlight w/o going w a Baja Designs kit, how do I get power to it? There's no battery. Can I run a headlight directly off the stator?
    4. Can I add a battery?
    5. If so, can I connect the battery to the stator so it'll charge?

Here are some pics of the engine:

[IMG][IMG]
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Sorry man- not much help as I've not had that carb. Thought I'd say, though, that from those pics it looks as though the carb isn't seated all the way into the intake boot on the cylinder (to the extent that I'm guessing the hose clamp hasn't anything underneath it to tighten around.)

Also- though I'm sure someone here can help you, you may get more info on this forum:

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/older-single-cams.73/
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The fuel screw it the little screw on the front of the carb right by the intake hose clamp screw. The carb does look like a TC 610 carb since it is a 40mm pumper carb. There appears to be a black plug where the idle adjustment should be.
  4. davisMFG Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 TC610

Excellent, thanks rancher1.

Can anyone help me with my electrical questions?

5. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe the older single cam MX bikes had the same ignition as the TE, so you should be able to run AC lighting directly off the coil. If you want a horn, battery and blinkers, you'll have to wire in a rectifier, to get DC. The stock TE610 kickstart model just had AC powered lights. I found this:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/99-tc-610-lighting.17541/
  6. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Also if your bike is the four speed kickstart single exhaust version, they called them TC 570s from '01 to '03, and they didn't have Dellortos, so it most likely is a 2000.
  7. davisMFG Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 TC610

Excellent!!! Good work.

Yes, it's the four speed kick-start, so it sounds like it's the 2000.

Thanks for all your help.
  8. davisMFG Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 TC610
    Hey, another question (because I'm a moron):

The link you posted above says if I have the yellow lead from the stator, that's what will power my headlight. This is great news because I have the yellow wire.

However, don't I need 2 wires to power the headlight? Can someone give me an idea of how to connect a lamp using this yellow lead?
  9. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You will need a voltage regulator a well, just "T" it into the power wire.