2000 and up stator output

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by Huskyfatman, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I read in the specs that Husky raised the electrical output of the stator signifantly on the 2000 to 2003 models. Does anyone know how much? I seem to remember reading on Adventure rider that they had 130watts, but it was posted by a guy with a European model and not clear on if it was a kick only non-"e" bike. I just put a Trail Tech light on mine and might put some higher output bulbs in it. It puts out a lot more power than my '95.
    [IMG]
  2. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

if you asking about lights..
    SEM models had 2, 60 Watt light wires.
    i belive the Ducati stator has one 70 Watt wire, split into 2 wires.
  3. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Chuck, that sounds right up through '99. My '93 had an SEM which had much more output than the Duc unit which is on my '95. Had Malcolm's rewind the '95 back in the day, cause it wouldn't run the DS kit and a 35watt headlight after being rectified to DC.

I remember reading that the 2000 models got a different and higher output coil. They are kind of a bastard, between the '92-'99 and the '01-'03s. Mine was running two 37watt bulbs in the stock headlight plus an LED tail light and 1156 flag light in the dunes no problem on AC. I know my '95 couldn't handle that. I guess I'll just try swapping in a few different bulbs and see what it can handle. I just didn't want to waste the $$.
    http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbike/review/untitled-23206.html
  4. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

2000 TE610e has a 240 watt alt.