1999 TE 610 Oil quantity

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by robertaccio, Jun 30, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Don't have the owners manual yet. Can you 610 guys give me the proper amount of oil for the 1999 TE610, Thanks Rob

I want to do my pre ride oil change tonight, drain from bottom and check and clean the filter screens.

I always scribe the fill amount somewhere near the fill hole to keep my mind right.
  2. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good question. I have a 2000, now mine is the left side drive (yours is right side drive?) but I have never really figured out how much oil it holds. In general you run the engine for a short while then kill it and with the bike level wait a short while for the oil level to stablize in the sight glass. I start this process with new filter, HF-154, and clean screens, then add 1.75 qt 5W-40 syn.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Totally different bottom end on a TE610E, than right drive/left kick TE610. From my 2003 TE610E manual... 2.11 US quarts, 1.75 Imp quarts capacity for TE610E. TE610 should be the same as my TE400 which I thought was 1 liter.

I checked with Fran, he says 1100-1200cc.
    shrubitup likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Norm!! 1200cc it is!!
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dumped the old oil,,,man it was ugly,,,will get the good stuff in for a couple of rides then dump it to flush out the remaining crude. Bike is nearing ready as my pre ride lube clean and bullet proofing procedure is almost done.

still needs, valve adjustment/inspection, cam chain verification, and installation of Michelin 4mm tubes (stupid heavy)
  6. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

From the lessons learned file:
    Skip the HD tubes and put that money into more plies in the tires.
    Cam chain problems are grossly exaggerated. Be sure you know how to reinstall the tensioner.
    Measure the valve clearance when pushing the feeler into the gap. Due to the extream angle the feeler goes through when pulled out of the gap, this may lead to you thinking the gap is too tight.
  7. HuskyT Moderator

Thread moved here at Robert's request! :thumbsup:

T
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks always have ears open for suggestions, especially from experience.
    1) HD tubes are a must, no matter tire type 4 me (mousse would be best)*
    2) agree things just gotta be done right.
    3) CCT,thanks got lots o experience with them
    4) Thanks, we use the long flat 45deg bent end feelers for these, to get into that tight spot.

* Tecate MX (middle of no where) single track hit sharp embedded rock at speed (@40mph) taco/Vee entire side front rim, SHD tube sticking out from under the exposed tire bead no puncture...SOLD!! but cactus spines still can pop em.
  9. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

a little over a quart is used. i just use a quart and change it often...very often..