1995 250 Rebuild

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by tdurr1994, Feb 22, 2019.

1. tdurr1994 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WXE 250
    Hey guys!

I joined this forum in hope to gain some knowledge and get some tips on a rebuild I just started this past week! My uncle gave me a 1995 250 that needs a top end (and im sure thats not all). Right off the bat I am a little confused about if the bike is a WXE or a WXC. I have read multiple different sites and comments that give me mixed ideas, but I believe its a WXE? It has a front light on it, as if it came from the factory ready to ride on/off road as an enduro!

Ill attach some pictures of the bike as is right now. The only thing I have done so far is remove the rear-end and carb to clear up some room to get the engine out!

I figured as I am going to pull the engine I may as well take the entire bike apart and do a full restore of the frame, and make this bike as good looking as possible!

I saw online that wiseco still makes pistons and rings for this engine, is this my best bet or does anyone have a recommendation on parts to use on a top end rebuild?

IMG_4466.jpg
    Rob09 likes this.
  2. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    You'll have a ball on that thing when back on the road! My WR250 Supermoto was a cracker!
  3. Moto7man Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas
    Wossner probably still makes pistons for it.
  4. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Didn’t WR have basically the same engine for ever and a day?

Maybe post this in the Italian 2 stroke section? Will get more views there.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The wiseco will be good.
  6. Feroz Khan Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2006
    Hi Guys ! i just bought 2006 te 250 and we for a top rebuild by buying the athena 250 bore kit. i installed the kit and started the engine and rode around for about 15 mins in total divided between 3 rides of 5 mins each . i have noticed that the bike is smoking which obviously shouldn't be the case. its heartbreaking to be in this position as i was eager to hit the trails after the engine break in period. my understanding is that besides a faulty kit there can be no other reason for this to happen. it is not a problem with the valves and valve seals, this i have checked and installation of the kit is no rocket science for my mechanic who has been building engines for years so i dont see any problem there. so any help or advise will be highly appreciated.