1993 te610 need help

Discussion in '610/630' started by MRMOLE, Oct 7, 2015.

1. MRMOLE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda cr500
    i was given a 1993 te610 not running. the old owner told me he had gotten the bike and had the top end done 3 years ago. he also told me the bike has allways been hard starting . the bike set out side covered for 2 years , he also gave me a carb rebuid kit . i took the bike home rebuild the carb and the thing is just imposable to start . i did get is running a couple of times and runs good (when running) but wont idle and is a bear to get started . new plug clean carb and new gas, clean filter . any suggestions ?
  2. MRMOLE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda cr500
    also does any one have the stock jetting sizes and the valve specs?
  3. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    Check the valves.
    Inspect the intake boots, air filter, etc...
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How does the spark look when you check it ?
  5. Patrick Jones Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1992 WXE610
    It's the stator. I had the same problem. You will see a spark, but it is too weak to get it going and keep it going if it does start. I had Eric, from Eric's Motorcycle Company in Pasadena (he's since retired) machine down to fit in the Husky case, a Cagiva unit in mine. Starts and runs on first kick, even after it's been sitting for very long times. I've since gotten a 2008 610TE and don't ride mine anymore... But it still runs like a top.
  6. MRMOLE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda cr500
    thanks Patrick, I found the prob. the choke spring was missing. I replaced
    it with a spring from a holley carburetor power valve . the bike starts first or second kick. I also knew eric and brent from erics very well. Im from Pasadena