1988 Kawasaki KX125

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by robertaccio, Oct 26, 2017.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the rim is beat to crap with flat spots and I don't care, hahahahaaaa spokes are all tight so all good.....oh and those super bling spoke sleeves woo hooo. I will do the rear wheel next for some motivation then onto the chassis for clean and rattle can paint and pulling the engine for clean up too.
  2. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Luv the spoke sleeves. Bet it'll be a runner though.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Spoke wraps-you've lost me on this clean up Robert! ;)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & say the spokes were probably really rusty.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    UPDATE-- had about 2 hours to strip more to the chassis. Great news this motor looks super clean inside , did a real good exhaust port combustion chamber/cylinder look, and it is barely marked and well coated with premix oil (looks like 927 castor). all the fasteners came off fairly easy on the chassis and the shocks and forks came off easily. all fasteners on linkages are well lubed. things really look super good for just a fulll clean up , chassis paint and all the bits and pieces. Biggest cost will be suspension its going to Crow Performance (Race Tech Affiliate Mike Crow). Race Tech has fully blue printed mod kit and mod instructions for the 88 forks and the shock from back in the day. The drilling the rods and other various set up stuff to do. Truth is it looks like a low hour or gently used machine, even the radiator is un bent or damaged. The crank feels solid with no play at all by feel check. pulled the ignition side cover and inside is practically spotless, especially for a 1988 KX125. another noticable thing all the fasteners are proper, not like those POs that booger all the stuff up and put in wood screws and crap like that. Even the rollers and chain slider have very little wear. fotos to follow.
    NCSteve, shawbagga and Oldscool like this.
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65

I can't do those things.... reminds me of moto xxx....
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Looking forward to pics of that green meanie :cheers:

I can understand covering up rusty spokes short term. My experience with those things is if your spokes aren't trashed they will be soon after installation of the spoke wraps. They trap dirt and water and mix with glue and rust and blech!
  9. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Yes pics please, sounds like a solid buy. All good news so far
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX125 garage queen/socal (dry conditions)vintage mx bike spoke sleeves are nothing other than dress up items. No concern for corrosion and trapping dirt really. Don't take this bike too seriously really.
    racemx904 likes this.
  11. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    Rob, are those FAH-Q graphics Jerry Bernardo approved ??? LOL good luck with your rider resto !
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    As a matter of act Yes they are, the Prez sent me the digital files from down under and local shop SignArt Graphix made em up, all FAHQ MC legit.
    oldbikedude likes this.
  13. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    sweet ! Jerry is a New England native and his crew was something to watch at the local Enduros and Hare Scrambles. great guy .
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    cool robbo. did a mild resto/basket case 88 or 89 kx125 a few years back for a client. they dropped it off in 8 milk crates. said go for it...on a budget of course. i went with the stock can and DG pipe the old one was coke city. check every screw/bolt on the engine including the stator plate and rotor nut. i didnt build this guys engine he said it was "all just gone through no need to check it all" since i dont work for free i didnt pull the cover or time it. i did look up the port to make sure the piston wasnt in backwards and gave it a cursory. guess what came loose on the stand during heat cycles....stator plate screws behind the rotor they failed to loctite. bring bring hey man, need to replace your whole ignition....fark! clinet yanked the bike. it turned out sweet and was litrally race ready other than that! oh yeh toss all the brake hoses/calipers/cylinders and get new everything brake-wise if ya can. i tried to save a buck for the guy and the brakes were a real headache for leaks and stuck everything. gen 1 water pumpers cool man toss in some race gas and some bean oil mreep mreeep!
    robertaccio likes this.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    He lives in OZ now.
    wrx likes this.