1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1986 510 4stroke twin shock project phase #2

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by ruwfo, Jan 29, 2011.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    you boys and these resto projects dont get near enough credit for keepin the old badge alive.
  2. 360 rod Husqvarna

hi i thought you might like a look at my version of a thumper husky

Attached Files:

flyingbob, ajcmbrown, Steve-F and 3 others like this.
  3. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    More progress, bike coming along again, after some time off after i got laid off. I figured out how to start the beast, after never really having a 4 stroke, there's a true technique. Bolted on a UNI dual filter right to the back of the carb with NO airbox to start with. Funny how the bike before
    used to backfire (pop) a little on de-acceleration, now it runs great with the carb spaced back farther & UNI filter.

Attached Files:

4. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Ok, after i got it running & figured out how to start it, i worked on creating a airbox. I started with a 83-84 2 stroke one & after
    looking at some pictures of original bikes determine i could modify the 2 stroke to work. I mounted it in the frame then drew parallel
    lines to match the angled frame tubes & with a hack saw cut the front section off carefully along those lines. I now had a open front
    section & the piece i cut off, which i again trimmed & pop riveted back on & sealed back up. Because the 2 stroke & 4 carbs are not
    in the same height in the air box, i had to create a block off plate for the old carb hole location & cut a new one. I didn't take 2 many detail
    pictures of the construction, but here's a few when i started. I'll try to take some pictures now that it's mounted.

Attached Files:

5. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks fantastic!