1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1984 WR500 90% finished

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Dwahl, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Dwahl Husqvarna
    AA Class

I finally completed (mostly) the project and it is in a fully ridable state. When I got the bike it was a basket case so I did a frame up paint and clean. Suspension fully rebuilt, new seat and new ish plastics. Most of the factory hardware had been replaced by over the counter nickel plated bolts, I opted for stainless allen heads for a clean look. tried to maintain as much of the factory hardware as possible. Engine starts and runs pretty well at a 32:1 mix. I added a bit of preload to the front forks and lowered them by quite a bit in the triple tree to reduce the rake. Rides well but man is it overpowered for the suspension and braking of the bike. All in all a project I am happy with. Next thing to do is 3D print the front chain wheel cover and the gas tank badges. I know it currently has the CR rear fender and an Acerbis front plate, but at least its of the correct vintage.
    IMG_5183.JPG IMG_5175.JPG IMG_5178.JPG IMG_5180.JPG
  2. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    Sweet!! Looks Great! And yeah more than enough motor for the brakes and suspension! That's why the are called 10 Fins of Fury!!
    Is that rear hoop bent up?
  3. Dwahl Husqvarna
    AA Class

The rear hoop is probably bent up due to a crash from its past. There were some cracks where the subframe supports meet the hoop which have now been welded up. Makes for a decent grab handle now. It also comes equipped with custom bent handle bars. I'm sure this bike has seen its fair share of the ground unfortunately, but that's sort of par for the course with something like this.
    DeathFromAbove and Crashaholic like this.
  4. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I've been a big bore....no, I mean huge bore fan all my life. A decade ago I would of loved a ride though the desert on one of these but now as an official senior citizen I can barely get a 73 450 started much less one of these monsters. Good job bring this basket case back from the dead.
    DeathFromAbove likes this.
  5. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    I agree Crash, My knees talk to me more than my Wife!!