1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1984 CR250 tuning info

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by darren7878, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The header is the 1st cone ?
    Automatics have longer pipe than manuals !

pot 430wrlc-430 ae.JPG

pots 400.430 WR - 430AE.JPG
  2. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The "CR" porting in the cylinder would require a larger tapered shorter pipe transfer. Over the smoother longer tapered pipe. This would soften up the hit between the two. The diameter of the pipe helps the exhaust leave sooner which sucks the new gas from the transfer ports into the cylinder. At the same time the new gas in the crankcase in under pressure when the piston moves down. It super charges the transfer ports. Well in a way kind of.
  3. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm going to jump out on a Limb here and say that there is a difference between a 83 CR and a 84 WR AC Cylinder besides the part Number. I'm going to say that the 84 WR uses the 83 WR Exhaust Port. Mine is measuring about 44-45 MM width or the same or less than the above Service bulletin for porting modifications. So if You start out with a 84 AC Cylinder, there is no need to change the Liner to a 83 WR make the above Modifications. However I do not have an 83 CR Cylinder - Liner to measure the Width of the Exhaust Port, I am assuming it is wider than the 46 mm in the Bulletin , hence the reason for replacing the Liner. If anybody has an 83 CR handy they could measure, please chime in.