1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1983 WR/CR 240/250 Megagobby's bike .... Ummmmmmmmmm

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by megagobby, Nov 29, 2010.

1. megagobby Husqvarna
    B Class

please let me know your views on my machine:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks awesome. :thumbsup:
  3. Murph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks really nice. What is the silencer you have fitted to your bike? I think you might find the cable guide on the fork leg doesn't stay in that position very long once you ride it.
  4. megagobby Husqvarna
    B Class

thanks murph! the silencer is a pro form 1 . maico 490 81 . with a few mods went on and sounds sweet! :thumbsup:
  5. HuskyT Moderator

Bike looks Great...

Hope you don't mind but I edited your title so that people in the future will/ can utilize the search feature in the future!

What year/type is this so I can add details????

Great pics!

T
  6. megagobby Husqvarna
    B Class

ok husky t. its originally a wr 240 ..... but bored out to std 250 piston . cut down u bar / grab bar. its a wr 250 with the cr 250 look. 1983 . its personal if you know what i mean . i love it
  7. HuskyT Moderator

I absolutely love this reply!

Every Husky is unique and truly personal to each rider...:thumbsup::cheers::applause: this is what I love about them .. thanks for the details... adding them to your title!!!

T
  8. White Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bike looks really great Sam - well done, a real credit to you! Have you found any good tracks to try her out on?

Don't forget to hook that crank case breather tube up behind the carb and down on the other side zip tied to the frame downtube just above where your upper chain roller is fixed so that it's well out of the way! Some people on here have even routed them into the air box which looks nice.

I might be wrong here, but I thought the CR bikes had a sprung chain tensioner (due to greater rear travel) and the WRs had that fixed roller. If you've fitted the longer travel shocks and you don't have a sprung chain tensioner (can't quite make it out in your photos) you might want to check your chain is tensioned properly for the full movement of the rear swing arm.

If you're going to race you may also want to add the third airbox support (rubber P clip to frame downtube) which was a factory recall for '83 I think. I haven't done mine yet though and it seems fine.

Your backgrounds and decals look good. Do you mind me asking where they come from?

Best wishes
    Lucien
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks nice. I like the black excels. Good job turning the WR into CR. Notice you still have WR rear brake and arm as opposed to frrr floating CR style. The mid airbox retainer is same as the old WR/XC rear fender rubber mounts. It would go on frame right around where your crank vent hose passses behind the pic above and bolt to box. It does help the sag as the airbox to carb rubber piece was no affixed in any way other than the tension of the pieces on either side of it.
    Great job and here in the states not many are farmiliar with why there was a 240 model for Europe as our licensing laws backk then were easy.
    Graet job
  10. megagobby Husqvarna
    B Class

the breather pipe is tempory for now will get longer peice for it and reroute . it doesnt have a chain tensioner but will get one welded on to it soon along with the chain slipper brackets . the backgrounds were made to order from MXM.CO.UK there very good quality and im sure they can make up anything . by the way the numbers are intergrated into the backgrounds . very nice. think it worked out about £40 for full set .
  11. megagobby Husqvarna
    B Class

the rims are original huskys. just powdercoated in black / purple :thumbsup:sparkle! very nice when sun hits em.
  12. hvaloz2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

nice bike... but why the yellow plates??? and yes i am an OCD purist...guess your reply... later explains it...each to his own....black rims i like.....
  13. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

Very, very nice! My 84 xc 250 is almost done, waitn for decals and plastic