1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1983 Husky 500 XC in route…

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Rojotes390CR, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    Supposed to be at my door 10am. Very stoked. My first bike at 11 was new 1983 Suzuki DR100. I later graduated on to a 1983 Husky 250 XC. Glad to be bring home another 83. Seller pics. New ones hopefully 2morrow.

Attached Files:

2. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many vintage big bore and automatics
    Looks like my 83 500XC I sold not to long ago. Did you buy it from someone in Oklahoma? Looks like the seat was changed out from a very nice yellow one it had to the blue.

Marty
    Rojotes390CR likes this.
  3. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    I thought that too Marty, but never got a great look at it. Wonder why.
  4. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    Your the one! Yes. Please tell me about it. Yes, changed the seat which honestly I like better myself. I PM you. Thanks.
  5. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    Couple pics. Bike is clean. Give me the run down Marty.

Attached Files:

6. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    I read about your bike on this forum. Looked to be a no expense spared build. Very nice. Do you miss it at all?
  7. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    If your asking me, yes I miss it, I don't miss the height. It was a lot of work. But I Dig the old huskys! Xhris
    Rojotes390CR likes this.
  8. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    This is just garage trophy to run around the neighborhood occasionally. I will probably sell my 390 CR.
  9. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Hi Jeff, Yes that is my old 83 500XC. To bad the seat was changed out, does not look like the correct 83 seat, probably an 84 seat. I replied to your PM and sending pictures to you how it looked after restoring it. I restored it to be a very nice rider, not show room perfect.

Marty
    IMG_1908.JPG IMG_1917.JPG IMG_1919.JPG
  10. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    Thanks Marty!
  11. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    So it looks like the kick start pivot got stretched out a tad. May have been pulled off a center stand with kick stand left out. And it appears he cut off ends of the grips for some bar ends. Past owner said he was planning on running it in the Mint 400, but used a 400 instead.

Attached Files:

12. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    It is missing the sprocket cover too it appears. Last owner said he does not like running them? That engine guard at bottom of frame is pulled off. I think he moved some stuff over to his 430.
  13. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    Seat and engine guard went on his 430. lol.

Attached Files:

14. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    What a Knucklehead!!
    motomwo and Rojotes390CR like this.
  15. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You are right Chris, what a knuckle head! Some people can screw up a perfectly good dirt bike. Some people should not own tools or dirt bikes.

Jeff, Well, that is what happens when someone sits on their Husky while it is on the kickstand or worse try to kick start it while it is on the kick stand! The kick stand mount was perfect as I replaced it with a NOS OEM mounting bracket. I put the Renthal bars on it but they were not cut down. I also put the aluminum answer silencer spark arrest on it. I am glad it is at a better home now!

Marty
    Rojotes390CR likes this.
  16. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I hate to imagine what happened to the one I Built! Outta sight outta mind!!
  17. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    Lol. Yeah I gave him shit about the kick stand. Bike fired on 3rd kick and ran great! Those bars are short? He is enduro rider so maybe he wanted skinnier bike? May order new bars. Answer silencer sounds good! Awe a few small nick nack shit not end of the world. How do I fix that Kickstand tab? Thanks for info!
  18. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Jeff, You will need to first acquire a new mounting bracket. Don't bother trying to fix the one that is damaged, it just won't last since it is split. Cut off the old bracket and then grind off the remaining weld bead down flush with the surface of the tubing. and then position the new bracket using the kickstand as a gage to the correct position (for and aft) for the bracket or take a measurement of the position of the old bracket before cutting it off. Make sure you get that forward and aft position figured first. To get the angle correct so the bike stands up correctly when the kickstand is down I have found it is easiest to stand the bike up and mock up kick stand with bracket bolted to it and the kick stand in the down position and then tack weld the bracket. Then I remove the swing arm and then finish welding the bracket to the swingarm.
    Where are you located? Just curious as to how far this Husky has traveled. Also if you were any where near me in Oregon and traveling this way I could fix the Kick stand for you.

Marty
    Rojotes390CR likes this.
  19. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    Thanks for offer Marty, but the bike went 3 hours NE of Tulsa to Springfield MO area. Damn, I may have to find a local welder to zip off old and put new one on. For temporary fix I may just lightly hammer it back into place and put a little jb weld on inside and paint it. The bike will spend most of it’s resting time on center stand. Thanks again for the offer to help.
  20. Rojotes390CR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 390 CR
    Little hammering, jb metal stick, and appliance white paint. Lol.

Attached Files:

DeathFromAbove likes this.