1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1982 cr500

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by ronn450, Oct 2, 2010.

1. ronn450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any one know how many of these 1982.5 CR500 Silver Bikes where made and how many of our members have these bikes and may be post some pictures of them on this thread , Thanks Ron
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Good timing, I have an approximation loaded up on the truck right now.

Fran

Attached Files:

3. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hillclimbers Whats the other one Fran?
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    The other one has Husky wheels and other stuff but is basically a Norton.

Attached Files:

5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I picked this one up last year and it's been sitting around waiting for me. I'm just now starting to plan the rebuild and gather up parts.

Attached Files:

moto_surfer and Brad-in-STL like this.
  6. ronn450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great start maybe we will have a silver bullet club for 1982.5 CR500"s
    Picklito likes this.
  7. Husky250mag Husqvarna
    AA Class

500 Silver Streak

This is my Silver Streak photographed at VMX Magazines Classic Dirt 7 in June this year.

Before
    [IMG]
    After
    [IMG]
    Brad-in-STL and Bengt Husky like this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks like a big block crammed in a Vega. :thumbsup: the motor to bike ratio is huge. Beastie, I like it.
    Brad-in-STL likes this.
  9. ronn450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

On this site it seems these bikes are called Silver Bullets years ago I knew them as Silver Streaks its nice to see a great restore and see that name just like in the motorcross action cover in the day , I had one of these bikes years ago and sold it and then last week I came up with one that need restored and all #s match and with time will see its glory days again , ronn450
  10. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I always thought they were the "Silver Streaks". Tried for awile to find one around here but never did. My friends dad who had the Husky shop here said he never ordered any. He said by the time he heard about them the 83's were on the way. He said he didn't like to sell big bores because everyone thought they needed one but were back trying to trade it back for a 250! He was/is grumpy and said the big bores brought too many complaints of hard starting from guys who didnt know how to start one. He did sell one 83 500XC and I have it. I was gathering parts to build an 82.5 CR500 out of a 82 CR250 I have but lost interest. After seeing the above pic I'll have to go take inventory of the parts again, what a awesome bike:thumbsup:
  11. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Ironically, I'm excited to get mine going because they weren't all that good! I guess I'm looking for the challenge. Riding buddy had one in 1983 and neither of us liked it! The big 44mm carb was hard to jet and didn't carb all that well, and the motor kicked and popped and generally be'd hard to start. Once going they vibrated like paint mixers. Mileage and spooge were terrible. Wasn't all that much fun. He bought it, his first Husky, because he liked my 430XC so much. After he got it... he wanted my 430XC!

But we know so much more about these motors now. I'm eager to get in there and "fix it." I'm gonna put the 44 on the shelf, and most likely use a 430's 38mm round slide (to keep that nostalgic Husky look). Also got some simple cylinder/head changes planned. Somewhere along the line its been converted to a 6-speed. Might as well keep that. I wonder if it was done with the kit Husky offered to help sales?

By the way guys - notice in my photo above how the seat doesn't quite make it to the tank. It must be a 1980 seat. They look 'almost' the same as 81/82 seats, but were just a bit shorter to fit with the 80 coffin tank. This is gonna be fun!
    moto_surfer likes this.
  12. ronn450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

82.5 cr500

You are right wrong seat . Husky did offer a 6 speed kit for these bikes but remember the 4 speed is tough to break and with a smaller carb and gearing .The 4 speed will be fine remember this is a 1/2 year bike thats why I have my 82 XC430 , Good luck you have a great start on a rare bike , Thanks Ron Nehls
  13. Husky37 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 CR500, 85 CR500, 89 TE 610
    This is me on my 82 Silver Streak back in either late 82 or early 83..... Would love to get another one just because....

Would have kept it but traded it in for a brand new 84....

These are hard to find. Not seen many about but they must still exist in somebody's shed.

Stu

Attached Files:

14. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lookin good:thumbsup:
  15. thu man Husqvarna

Have one sitting in my garage now for sale just posted in vintage clasifieds.
    PM me if you are interested. thu man Boise, Idaho
  16. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

How much do you want for it?
  17. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wanna build one? I have everything-or two to build one!
  18. twsniklas Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Both 2&4 strokes
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg
    Hello

Total production of 500 cr 1982 is 530 ex.

300 to Usa.

About 100 to Sweden.

The last ones to rest of the world.

This is from Sweden Factory museum.
  19. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    i have one . when i bought it it had been restored to look like an 83 but im not fond of that colour and its had a few seasons of racing on it now so im making it look like it should . also a new piston , 18 inch rear rim few other things . will be a tidy racer

im christchurch NZ
  20. husky500cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have 2 of them and had a chance to buy a third one. Also I have the husky product 6 speed conversion kit still in the box sitting on a shelf. I went to the 1982 500 motocross nationals at Carlsbad in August of 82 expecting to see the Husqvarna 430 cr and when the race started I could not believe my eyes when the silver streak flew by me. Silver tank and a big cylinder with big bore sound. The Husqvarna distributor in San Diego just got them in that week. I wish I took a camera to the races that day. Some of the racers had blue seats covers instead of the black seat cover.