1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1978 (cr) 390 restoration

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by norway, Jan 3, 2011.

1. norway Husqvarna

Hello. During this winter i will try too restore this bike. I think it`s a cr that was what i was told when i bought it. I cant find the engine number? Eny one knows how cant se it any wher.

And i think it is somthing wrong with the rear brake, I have a wire and it doesent seems to be orginal. See pictures???

I will also need too buy some parts, eny good ideas wher too?
    I Will need to rubild my front and back suspension, ignition is broken, some wires to the trottle and cluthc. Some plastic and rubber parts. And a lot more.

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  2. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

3. hvaloz2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

78 brake

its not a husky brake !... they were rod operated, fully floating.
  4. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Trying to read what it says on the backing plate but can't make it out. Somebody made some mods. Have fun!
  5. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Seems to be written KARLSTROM SALA !
  6. Puckerbush Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '79 390 CR and '08 TE510
    The frame number will not tell you whether it is a CR or OR/WR. If the engine number plate is missing from directly over the countershaft, the only way to tell is if and when you have to get into the case, you can tell by the numbers stamped into the gears and determine from the parts lists.

Be prepared to spend some serious time and $$ for the project. I used ebay for alot of the parts I needed for my project. Just put in 1978 Husqvarna and look at the results. Your rear brake configuration is foreign. Also rebuilding the front suspension is much cheaper than the rear. You can get new seals from any seal house, but the rear require special skills and equipment to rebuild. Be prepared to spend at least $350 for the pair. Parts are getting harder and harder to come by. I had Suspension by Jake do mine and he did good work. He is located near Riverside, CA.