1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1978 390 Amx Clutch Engagement

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by ALEX ANZALONE, Sep 11, 2019.

1. ALEX ANZALONE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1978 390 AMX
    Need advise on my 1978 390 AMX that I recently purchased. After starting the bike twice before (a month ago and this past Saturday) and riding up and down the street with no issues, I was unable to start the bike a day later on Sunday. Finally, on Monday, I was able to start the bike again by standing to the kickstart side and using my right leg. Problem is after going only a few feet I heard a grinding? noise coming from the tranny. I thought possibly a broken 1st gear spring but I found no visible damage after removing the clutch cover. Rechecked the cable adjustment and both case levers seem to actuate fine. Before I start the bike again and possibly do any or more damage, is there something else I should check? Did the excessive and failed kickstarting the day before throw something out of whack? Before the issue arose, I changed the oil and used Ohlins shock oil 00105-05 viscosity28,0 cST. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Alex.
  2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    First thing i would look at is the dis engagement dogs . Probably half rounded off and drove for a bit then just rubbed on each other . Check the adjustment or indents on it etc
  3. ALEX ANZALONE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1978 390 AMX
    Is that at the end of the main-shaft unit and has to be pulled out of the cases? Alex.