1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1974 WR175 brake shoes

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by milkman78fl, Mar 4, 2009.

1. milkman78fl Husqvarna
    B Class

First let me introduce myself.
    I am located in western NC.
    I have been around older bikes all my like and have done a many a shade tree rebuilds and such.
    I purchased my first Husky a few months ago and have finally got the chance to give it some much needed attention.
    This bike has quickly became my favorite while riding on my small wooded course with my 11 year old son. :thumbsup:
    It is a 1974 WR175.

From what research I can find on the web, it is a WR125 with a big bore kit. It does have the 6 speed tranny which seems to be a 1974 only thing (please corect me if I am wrong).

Now to my question.
    Where do I find brake shoes for this bike?
    I can't seem to find any on the web.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
  2. HuskyT Moderator

3. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

call either Hall's, John at Vintage Husky or Georg Erl at Up-Tite for brake shoes to fit the Leleu hubs
  4. milkman78fl Husqvarna
    B Class

I am sorry, but I don't know who these people and places are.

And what is Leleu hubs?

Yes, I really am that ignorant about Huskys. :D
  5. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Halls Cycles & Up-Tite are Husky bike shops and Vintage Husky is a well-known restorer of Huskies. All have contact info here on the website (see previous articles this section for suppliers). The hubs you have are silver, correct? If so they're French made and only came on the 125/175 bikes and some of the WR models '75/76. Most guys replaced them with heavier black Husky hubs.
  6. milkman78fl Husqvarna
    B Class

Ah, now I see!

I have bigger problems than brakes now.

Was riding with my son and all of a suden it did not want to shift. I headed back to the house and tried to shift into 2nd and it locked down.
    Won't even roll with the clutch in.
    Guess I am going to have to crack this thing open sooner than I had hoped for.

It was running so well too....

Clymer manual will be my first purchase.