1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1973 Husqvarna WR250

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Gord, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi folks. Here's a couple pictures of this weekends progress. I'm not building a (correct restoration). I like white frames. The shocks are very early 70's Works. I refurbished them and can't wait to see how they work. The tires are Metzler MC4's.
    Also, a couple questions. Can anyone send me a picture showing the routing of the coil wire, from the engine to the coil. Also, the black and blue wires are no problem due to the size of the connectors at the coil. I have a pig tailed blue from blue wire, I assume going to the kill switch the bike didn't have. I have a white and yellow wire, not being used. Shouldn't there be a ground?

Attached Files:

2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    White and yellow were lighting - ignore them if you aren't running lights. Ground is through the frame, so make sure all the mounting points are to bare metal: Coil to frame, frame to engine, engine to stator. Otherwise, the spark can be weak or none. Nice job so far, I'm enjoying this thread. Restoring these old Husky's can really suck you in and make you want everything to be just like it rolled out of the factory ($$$). So it's nice to just see a guy build himself a really cool old bike. Like it!
  3. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's the bike. Still have some things to finish up. Runs good, but the forks are topping out, as I described in my post. Will try more oil or different weight. Also have some jetting to do, once I get the correct air cleaner on it.

Attached Files:

rohancrofton likes this.
  4. Oberon Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te450
    Great job! Just wondering where you found all of the parts. I would love to restore one similar. Same bike my Dad used to ride when my brother and I were kids.
  5. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's a beautiful job!
  6. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

So cool to see old soldier brought back to life......:applause:
  7. NYWR430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I really like that white frame idea. Very nicely done.