1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1973 360rt

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by DeathFromAbove, May 11, 2017.

1. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    A few more.

Attached Files:

2. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I think this cylinder is toast. Its my understanding that the port in the center is used to transfer fuel/air mix from the crankcase to the combustion chamber. I would think that by opening it up to the intake manifold there would be excess back pressure to the carb. Maybe this setup had a reed valve?

Its actually kind of funny how some of us garage mechanics become garage engineers thinking we know more that the factory guys. lol.

[IMG]
  3. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That ma explain the cut away of the cooling fins, to fit a block. I can always weld the center up if your suspicions are correct. What about the piston with the extra holes?
  4. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If they line up with the two intake ports then I'd guess that someone was looking to open the intake early. I would think trimming the piston skirt 2mm accomplishes the same thing only with more precision.
  5. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Crash, I'll try to run it as is after I do a complete rebuild and switch to 6 speed:D , you see what happens when you teach a new trick? If it has a problem with running I'll modify it. I just happen to know the operators of an aluminum forge, so I can probably cast the center section. O maybe weld it. Time will tell. As you can see this thread has been dormant for quite awhile so time don't apply to this post!:cheers:
  6. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I would be interested to hear the results of running this home made setup. The stock RT is a dog so I can understand why they attempted to improve HP. The six speed will definitely be a huge improvement in get up and go. A 34mm Mikuni carb would also be a big improvement in many respects over the stock 32mm Amal .
  7. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well the piston is new, still has all the machining all the way around with no rub and the ring is perfect. So I don't think it has been tried by anyone yet. I was wondering what size mikuni might work well with this cc. Time for some testing.
  8. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Don't go to big with the carb. This bike is designed for torque so rpm's come on slow and don't go far, probably max out around 5500 - 6000. IMO a 36mm may cause air velocity to drop far enough that it would become detrimental.
  9. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You mentioned in an earlier post about needing turn signal brackets. Here are some specs from the HUsky Club News Letters that I used to build some.

Husky RT Turn Signal Bracket Specs #1.png

Husky RT Turn Signal Bracket Specs #2.png

Attached Files:

DeathFromAbove likes this.
  10. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice Crash, I have a copy of the news letters and never saw that, looks like I should re-read them.