1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 17 TE 300 Piston size

Discussion in '2st' started by Helidave, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Helidave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 HD Street Glide 2012 R6
    I was just going to put in new rings for the 100 hour service but after i got it apart it seamed like short money for a piston as well as new rings, even though the original piston looked great. Is it the A piston or the B piston. Slavens says B piston for any 300 over 25 hours. I have just over 100 hours and like 2000 miles.
  2. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    I have 88 hours and are installing a B piston and rings tonight...will let you know how it makes out. I know people say it can go 150 or even 200 hours, but I do it once a year regardless, it is cheap and keeps things in top shape. I race also, so maybe 150 hours at trail pace is OK.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Measure the bore with a dial bore gauge that is accurate to .0001" and there won't be any reason to guess if an A or B is correct. I had an Italian WR250 that had well over 200 hours and was able to go back to the same exact size piston as the original. The difference between the A, B, C, and so on is only a 1-3 ten thousands of an inch per each letter size which means even if you guess wrong it is not likely to cause a problem unless you disregard the break in procedure.
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. Helidave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 HD Street Glide 2012 R6
    Thanks for the help. B piston it is
  5. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    Put the b piston in last night and it fit fine.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2016 Husky TE 300 has 3,000 miles and almost 200 hours on it along with the original clutch. runs perfect and next weekend we are going to do KOM for the 3rd time on the same clutch same sprockets and same chain

The bike has been great and nothing seems to wear out Still has all the original platics also best bike I ever owned We are going to try and run all the Nationals Hare and Hounds on the 125 so we will see how that goes starting in a few days
    lankydoug likes this.