1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC '15 fe350s fuel supply issue

Discussion in '4st' started by mayor, Apr 3, 2017.

1. mayor Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm having issues with my bike. It starts ands runs everytime but when I bring the RPM up to over 5000/6000 I get a bike that it seams to be running out of gas. I've running nothing but cam2 since I've bought it. Everyone I ride with runs the same so I don't think that's the issue. Took it to the dealer but of course they found nothing wrong. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump. Does enyone know what the priblem is?

Thanks Andy
  2. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    Have you replaced the inline filter? Tank filter? If not this is a start. To check the pump you will need to make or buy a hose/gauge to measure the PSI output of the pump in tank with regulator. Then measure the output of just the pump. Regulated PSI I believe should be around 50, straight pump should quickly go to 80psi before you quickly shut off. If you don't get BOTH of these numbers then your issue is here with the regulator, pump or both.
  3. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Clean and or switch out cone shaped inline filter. Should be a quick release fitting takes 5 minutes they seem to plug up fairly quick. You should have more in owners Manuel pouch when you bought bike
  4. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    Clean?? Its better not to touch it rather then try to clean if you don't have a spare.
  5. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Clean? Sure, mine are wire mesh small cone shaped filters which are reusable or replace with spares that came with the bike when bought new. I think mine came with 3 extras.
  6. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    They are not reusable and a big risk cleaning them. For the cost and possible issues replace often.
  7. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok you replace yours and ill clean mine, Anyway, Andy I would start with the inline filter they clog easily. Go for a rip and see if its any better.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  8. mayor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks everyone for the info. Screen is a hell of a lot cheaper than a pump! Next free minute I'll Crack it open.

Thanks again Andy
  9. darren7878 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    79 CR390 and 84 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    81 Maico, 79 Kawasaki, 88 Honda
    id consider removing the fuel pump and checking for a collapsed/folded fuel line.

My 15 had one. Would not rev out.

Change the spark plug too.
  10. mayor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's an update. Still spuders at higher rpm. Replaced fuel screen but still not running right. Next step will be to replace the filter and screen in the pump.
  11. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Just curious to how many hours you got on her? And what mods you done to it?
  12. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Im at 15 hours on my 2017 FE 350, the inline filter was replaced after 1 hour. I purchased the in KTM in tank filter. It's a perfect match for the Husky tank. It's under $30 and should help keep out junk thats in the gas station tank or on the pump nozzle. I'm also hoping it will reduce the intervals of changing the inline filter. Think of it as a pump condom.

X001.jpg

Acerbis makes a bigger one if you want to flow fuel at a faster rate when pumping or just feel inadequate with a "small one"

X001-Y008.jpg
    Teeszy likes this.
  13. Jdsmall Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 Fc350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 250sx
    will it rev past 5-6k in neutral? if it does, do you have a spark arrestor? possible exhaust restriction could be the culprit. I have had a bike that would run good on bottom to mid but as soon as you cranked the throttle, it would bog out like it was running out of fuel.