1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 15 FE 350 Settings - Advice Needed

Discussion in '4st' started by Steven, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Steven Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350s
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 exc, KTM 200 xc, CR 125,
    So, I purchased my 2015 FE 350s brand new, have about 74 hours on it now. I immediately desmogged, uncorked the muffler, and adjusted TPS to wake her up. She has been fantastic, especially offroad...and I only weigh 150 so the power has been great. Running 14-50 final drive gearing and it still works great for the tighter single track stuff. I have run nothing but straight VP110 since day one.

Now, on to my questions...I recently installed the FMF Husqvarna branded Power Core 4.1 slip on with my stock header, and removed the quiet insert/spark arrestor. This leaned her out considerably, and I cranked TPS to .67. Remapping is not an option with any dealer near me. It seems like it is still a tad lean, but I am afraid to crank the TPS any further. For what it is worth, I have not seen my FI light flashing...so I assume I have not gone too far yet. Is anyone using a similar setup, and if so what TPS setting did you find works best for you? Is it safe to go richer via the TPS setting? I know I could buy a programmer/tuner like the Dynajet, but would prefer to make it work using simple TPS adjustments if it is feasible, but I definitely do not want to create problems...

What advice do you guys have?
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Re set the tps back to the original setting and buy a pcv or send your ecu to someone willing to load the proper map. My 2 cents worth
  3. Steven Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350s
    Other Motorcycles:
    The more I think about this and read into other threads I bet the pc4 is the best way to go. I will get an order in. And to clarify, move the TPS back to .56 where it was set from the factory?
  4. Steven Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350s
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok, I see this rabbit hole goes deep. I went with the PCV, but they do not have mapping for race fuel...it is set for 93 octane pump gas. Perhaps a slight bump in timing/fuel via TPS adjustment from the stock setting would compensate for any performance loss due to the use of VP110 with this unit? Am I way overthinking this?? Lol
  5. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    110 is overkill imho. 93 pump should be just fine for most riders. Iirc, stock tps is about 60 but i'm hoping you recorded yours before you moved it initially?
  6. Steven Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350s
    Other Motorcycles:
    Recorded at .56 and will set at .60 with PCv install. I only use vp110 bc it is at a pump station near me. They have unleaded Vp motosport 100 also...maybe that would be a better clean gas option. No ethanol free pump gas near me and I just want clean fuel. Thanks again for the input.
  7. Steven Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350s
    Other Motorcycles:
    I know T4 is the best option for me, but way harder to get near me. Will the Motorsport 100 unleaded work okay, or is it still overkill?
  8. KennyMc Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE 501-S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '17 KTM 300XC-W
    Talk to Thumper Racing and see if they have "fixed" their issue with remapping. If so, the EU Off-road part number you would want loaded is KM775EU14D0701 :cool:
  9. Steven Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350s
    Other Motorcycles:
    I went with the PC V and highly recommend their product.