1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 14 TE300 no power valve spring?

Discussion in '2st' started by Pete, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Anyone tried with no coloured spring?

I just bought a bike and had a look and it has non. I am guessing they were thinking if the red/soft spring brings the torque on early, no spring means the torque is always on :) ???

The dude i bought it off said it was what all the factory riders do? I only starting learning what a power valve is in the last few weeks so i dont know :)

I can hear a slight slapping sound at idle - could the powervalve be moving in a way that it shouldnt?

[IMG]
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    just use one of 3 factory supplied springs. there is no need to play brain surgeon here. read the manual and choose your spring. For the spring choices my opinion is that the OEM supplied spring is best overall configuration its do all set up, middle of the road.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Was the dude a factory rider? I doubt it so I doubt he'd know what factory guys do. On the other hand I couldn't tell ya if it's ok or not but I imagine low end rideability is slightly compromised. I run the red spring in mine and it's an animal off the bottom all the way through. If the p/v opened any earlier on mine traction would be a big problem climbing. I would think there is supposed to be a spring there to function properly but idk
  4. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Cool. yeah i was just asking from a curious point of view. I've ordered the original 3 springs and wont be running it again without it in.
  5. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    i normally run red spring with dolly 1.5 turns in from flush 14/300 anything closer to flush it starts to become softer off the bottom.
    after some advice i lowered the PV from 48.5mm to 49.5mm and tuned red spring to flush

the idea is a lower PV give more torque off the bottom and is the optimal setting for the red spring, moving the dolly out to flush makes the PV start to move much earlier, as the PV is starting from a lower point it makes sense.

so this weekend i tried the new setting.

the bottom end is stronger how much hard to say because its not a quick job resetting the PV but i ride allot, with the dolly flush the bike is crazy torquey and very fast, as it was with the 1.5 setting as well, but over all i think its stronger, its a little to strong and quick, but that is throttle control now.

if you like to tinker and want more for your 250/300 bottom en its a good mod only costs your time.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

There's an article in Eduro illustrated that states both Jarvis and Walker use the Green spring in their bikes: https://issuu.com/enduro21.com/docs/enduro_illustrated_19 (starts on page 20).

Note that when you put the spring in, you have to shine a flashlight up in the hole to make sure you are engaging spring insert onto the mechanism inside. Then twist it to make sure you've got the groove aligned correctly. Resistance when twisting means it's engaged.