1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

13' TXC310R Hot start issues

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by scratchpad, Dec 30, 2013.

1. scratchpad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13' TXC310R
    Cold, the bike e-starts up instantly. No issues!

Warm, same as above.

Hot-Hot, does not want to e-start. Sometimes, no click. Sometimes, a couple clicks. Sometimes, starter is working but no start. When i get the no click to a couple clicks i'll rock it off the compression and retry with success or kick it over. When e-starter is working with no fire up, i'll try again with success sometimes. Otherwise i'll give her a swift kick and away i go.

Helllllllllllllp!
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Recall. Have the dealer run the Vin# There seems to be an issue with the exhaust valve setting too.
  3. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

we had a 2013 txc 310 last week doing the same thing.needed a valve adjustment.was good after that.dan
  4. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 13 txc 310 did that also. Put a 5 amp turntech battery in it and never had a problem again. Thses little motors need a strong battery to turn over hot.
  5. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    How many hours would you normally put on a TXC before you need to do a valve adjustment?
  6. beck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R // 2014 Terra 650
    My TE310R does the same thing. I have just ignored it up to now and kick started the bike when hot. I figured it was to do with the weak starter/battery. If this is a recall/valve adjustment issue, then I need to contact the dealer.
  7. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    Does anybody else have problems with starting there 310's when it is super cold? I put the heat to mine along with the battery charge and it didn't work, can't even push start it either when I had the battery charge on it, after about 10 minutes the bike started clicking so I unhooked it.
  8. Rudelgazelle Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    I have the same issues with hot starting my TE310R with only 10 hours on the clock. My Husky dealer says, that it should be ok after a valve adjustment. I keep you posted.
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Make sure you have the upgraded starter gears, have the exhaust valves tighter than spec and it should fire right up. We added a Scorpion battery from www.batterystuff.com and now it really sings. Last time I started the TXC310R it had been below 0 degrees for a week and was in the low 30s when I started it....never hesitated. (all temp are Fahrenheit)
  10. scratchpad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13' TXC310R
    Gonna get it in for a valve adjustment, have em check the starter gears and consider an upgraded battery. Thanks!
  11. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    I have a 2013 as well with about 10-12 hours. It started reliably every time until I switched out the battery to a lighter Shorai, now it takes a few times to turn it over in the excess cold. Warm starts are fine so far, even after a 2 hour ride. The Shorai is suppose to have the same cold cranking amps as the stock, but it simply is not as powerful, but for an almost 4lbs reduction in weight, it is worth the compromise.

One thing I notice about this bike is you can not turn the throttle immediately or quickly after a start or it pop stalls. I have to ease on the throttle after a start(hot or cold), and after a second or two, I am good to go. I can see this bike pop stalling at the start of a hare scramble, when you need to just nail the throttle off the line.
  12. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    This is from Shorai's site you have to warm the battery up on really cold days.

A. Down to about 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7C) most users find that they can start normally on first crank. If your headlight comes on at key-ON, it is good for the batteries to flow some current before cranking in cold weather. The suggested headlight-on time before cranking depends on the temperature. If starting at 40F/5C, 30 seconds will help wake the battery and increase cranking performance. If at 0F/-17C, leave the lights on for 4~5 minutes before cranking. The result will be a better first crank, and longer battery life. If the engine fails to start on first crank, that first crank has warmed the battery, and the second attempt will be much stronger. Other accessories that can be turned on before cranking can also be used for this purpose, such as heated gear, radio, etc... Insuring that the battery is fully charged after storage also improves first-start performance in cold weather.
  13. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    I had my stock battery tested and all is fine with it, but I still can't get this cold blooded 310 to start. I had to hoop up one of those big jumper type batter boxes that a neighbor owns and it still took 5 minutes to get it going. Even though the battery tests fine, could it still be the battery, or is the TXC310 just that cold blooded?
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  15. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    after all the stress and worry about my bike not starting in the super cold weather. A friend suggested I change the brand new oil out for a thinner oil. Took out the 20w/50 and put in 5w/40 and starts up just fine. Talk about a relief.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Use Mobil 1 0W40 for your next oil change.
  17. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    I was looking for that and they didn't have it at my Auto Zone. Will have to keep my eye out for it.
  18. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Holy mackerel, 20w50 in an Xlite is unthinkable. Good thing you got that out early. Hopefully you didn't cook you bearings already.
  19. scratchpad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13' TXC310R

What vin#'s would indicate a need for upgraded starter parts?
  20. scratchpad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13' TXC310R

Went to turntech battery site and they have closed their doors.