1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

13 txc310 mapping

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by brentk660, Nov 26, 2013.

1. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    I just bought a 13 txc310r. Its going in next week for the starter gear recall. While its there I was thinking of having the Leo Vince open pipe map loaded. It flames out in tight single track alot. The service guy said the map would help richen up the bottom end. I don't have a pipe yet, will the map richen it too much and make it doggy without an fmf? The bike only has 5 hours on it, should I wait for it to break in a little more then do it? Thanks
  2. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    My bike has the race map and the only thing I did was remove the plugged air filter cone and removed the filter screen. Runs great. No real need to change your pipe to be honest. I'd spend the money on suspension first, even though I'm pretty happy with stock.
    FabOneUp and Motosportz like this.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

These bike a VERY tight when stock and they do loosen up age.

OTOH, why not have a bike that runs good now? Have them richen it up a touch and see what happens.

Is it pinging under load?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No, will run better.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    No problems running Open Pipe map on our 310 with stock pipe....make sure the slip in cat is out.
    Tinken likes this.
  6. okiehusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KDX200, '03 KX125, '75 Hercules
    I picked up a 2012 TXC310 when the prices really bottomed. I'm actually a 2 stroke guy. Anyway, I'd never had a bike that stiff or tight when new as this Husky. I was REALLY 2nd guessing the purchase. I've got about 25 hours on her, and she's really starting to loosen up. The forks actually move now. I pulled the baffle from the can and noticed a bit of a gain without much extra racket. No mapping or after market exhaust. I was having the flame out deal going too. But, was trying to ride it like a 2 stroke. Geared it down one tooth in the back, started covering the clutch a bit more, and time for break in fixed it. A 27 mile techno loop without a single flamer or staul. I'm starting to like the old gal, but the 2 smokers will always keep her company. Just give her time. Like a lot of girls, she'll come around................
  7. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    Thanks for all the replies. I rode some desert/ open terrain stuff last weekend and throughout the ride I really felt the bike loosen up. Both the suspension and engine seemed to free up alot. The bike goes in Saturday for the starter fix, I'll have them re map it then.
    I'm coming off a fully woods setup 05 cr250 that I raced hare scrambles and enduros with, and I'm really surprised how the husky seems to have less bottom end than the Cr. She rips once you get in the meat of it, but covering the clutch is definitely a must in the tight stuff. Looking forward to breaking in and getting used to the husky.
  8. tjf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas txt pro 290
    I recently bought a 2013 txt 310r as well. Could you elaborate on the "starter gear recall". How would I know if my bike has had the update or not? Do you know what the symptoms are if you have not had the update? The dealer I bought it from in PA isn't very knowledgeable about the Husky's unfortunately.
  9. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    The 13s have a factory recall/warranty on the starter worm drive gears. There's an updated set of gears (different ratio?) and its a free service. I've been told if you're bikes VIN# is above 300 it was done on the assembly line. My bike ends in 00076, so it needed the fix. I called the dealer, he was aware of the recall, checked my vin with husky and ordered the parts.
    I didn't experience any symptoms until this weekend, but the bike will not turn over with the starter unless you rock it in gear or kick it off compression stroke. Seems like a dead weak battery, but I guess it's the gear ratio of the gears not having enough to turn the motor over?
  10. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Don't stop with the recall.... It could very well be your exhaust valve that actuates the decompressor. While the valve may be in spec it still may not be decompressing as it should, locking up starter and kickstarter. Check the exhaust valves and specifically the one actuating the decompressor is at the tight end of spec. BTDT and the recall didn't solve my issue that sounds like yours. Only after a last ditch visit to the dealer did they mention they may have seen a bulletin regarding the valves needing to be tighter. For me this was an issue from the factory. Seems weird that they would do this big starter recall but never consider the decompressor which sure would save a lot on new starters and parts for the company. Almost makes me wonder how many bikes really had starter parts issuies or simply the valve and decompressor. In any case, the exhaust valve fix worked for me.
  11. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    Might be a stupid question, I have the workshop manual and its kinda unclear if you have to remove the cams to change the shims? Seems like that would be the case, but hey I'm coming off a 2 stroke.....what do I know?
  12. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes... Section D says if you need to adjust see cam removal and install.
  13. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    Sob I got the bike back from the dealer. They remapped it with the Leo Vince open map. The bike idles erratically with the "choke" knob pulled and eventually dies after about 10 seconds. It does however start up in 22* weather without the choke knob and idles good. Is this because the map is overall richer and negates the choke/enrichment knob?
  14. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Its a high idle lever not a choke.
  15. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Push it in a second or two after the bike starts. No need to run it on the "choke".
  16. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    Cool guys, thanks.
  17. Tony Ryan Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RC51, 300EXC-E
    Just a quick question on Mapping switch for a 2013 if anyone out there still looks at this forum section. I have just bought one fitted with a map1 / map 2 switch on the bars, red buttons in the switch. tried riding the bike and switching but no difference in power noticed.. does the bike need to be stopped to change between maps, or do you even have to stop and switch it of, switch maps then re start?
  18. machine builder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 Kaw. KZ 750 E3
    I have this problem too. I only have a service bulletin ABS 013 020 and my dealer said, that is not a recall # and they (KTM) will not replace it. Do you have a recall # for this, as I am giving them the wrong info.??
    Thanks very much..