1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125/144 Power valve Governor springs

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kleeman - Let me know if you're interested in taking Wally up on this. I'll bring my WR down to the springs and we can tinker with this spring kit. I'm up in Loveland. Brad.
  2. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Brad- Im good with that, c'mon down. Email me @ bg@kleemannusa.com and we can discuss day/time etc.
  3. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the reply Wally- we will try and get something together for you so you have some dyno results!

You might consider writing in to Dirt Rider and offering up a bike with your kit. Karel Kramer made specific mention of "good luck finding a WR125 expert" in the article they wrote. Big bitching about the mid performance etc. Could be a great opportunity for you.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kleeman,

I wish I was anywhere near them. I might see if someone in their area is willing to spend a little time working with them and the WR 125. I actually don't want to rile the waters and insert myself in a company vs magazine discussion. I make virtually no money on these kits and produce them as a hobby and to help the rest of the Husky WR 125 faithful by having another option.

I will send an e-mail to DR explaining what is happening with the WR 125 and the large number of people that are working to make the bike better.

Just an aside, but one of the few WR 125's that has run great the instant the PV's were changed is Kelly's of Motosportz fame. His WR 125 had the opposite reaction to the power valve springs as mine and all the other people that have tried them. His use of the weaker springs that are in the kit created a huge bog in his powerband. :excuseme: It just goes to show us that there is a great deal of variability between all the 125's. Mine will not run without a spring and Kelly's will not run with one. :excuseme::excuseme:

If you can scrounge up someone with a WR 125 in your area, I will be glad to donate a kit to them if they will work with you on producing a series of dyno runs.

Walt
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I wanted you to post about it first but yes, the lighter spring made my bike have a huge mid bog like the original (wrong) PV's did. Weird. Mine might even benifit from a slightly firmer one. I am running a Doma pipe. I should try the stock pipe again and see whats up. I need to sort the jetting on my new PWK but I believe after that mine will be running about as good as it can without bumping the cc's. Jake was flat ripping on it. He needs one :D
  6. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Id like to ride one first but... if its as much fun as everyone is saying it is Id like to have one to go with my '10 TXC250. ;)

There was one on Craigslist in Denver- complete with Gores 144- but it sold quickly. No one has one in stock in Colorado- the Husky dealers here, while nice people, do not stock much and will only order one in. After you pay for it first of course.

*edit* HEY! If the guy who bought that WR144 is reading this- PARTICIPATE! :)
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    understandable as that is a bike you want or you don't want and hard to set on the floor and move.

I have a 2010 TXC250 I love and a 09 WR125 I love. Really hard to choose which to ride. The 125 is more fun and really good in tight technical. the TXC is faster and more forgiving on steep stuff. Both amazing bikes.
  8. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds good. I'll send you an email today.

Wally - I'll shoot you a pm with my address, unless you still have it by chance. Thanks again for offering this up. This really cool and I'm sure will benefit alot of people. Brad.
  9. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    It would be interesting to see your stock springs and Walt's put on a spring dyno to verify their strength. Could some of the variability come down to springs that aren't performing up to spec? Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of that.

I don't know a ton about this but shouldn't it come down to spring and weight of the powervalves to determine when they open? That leads me to two thoughts, either the springs or powervalves aren't consistent in their weight/strength, or the different pipes/porting are requring different powervalve timing to perform optimally.

-Shane
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Walts one step softer spring was softer by feel. Just a little but enough to know by squeezing them by hand.
  11. spruillie Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey im the guy who bought the WR144 in Denver. Ive been following this thread and would definitely be open to using my bike for the testing. Let me know what i need to do.
    -Jason
  12. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I am running the yellow large spring and silver small, and power seems to come on smoothly after a small hesitation depending on gear and momentum, if you are moving quicker, takes right off.
    Anybody try the orange spring, wandering if it would pull quicker off idle, or it would bog due to PV opening sooner.
    Yea I know, I just need to try it!
    GP
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Spruillie and Brad,

I have Kleeman's(Brandon) address and I will ship him the spring kits just for ease and cost savings. Please get in contact with him on setting up your testing.

Thank you for donating your time and bikes for some test work on the Husky bikes we love.

Walt

PS, I willing to bet a case of your favorite beer that you can test and change all 12 combinations of springs in the 125 faster than you can change and test the 4 combinations in the WR 250. :o)
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Water Racer,

Try the orange with the green spring too as well as the yellow with the green spring. You might like a little more meat in the middle.

Walt
  15. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello Jason! Looked like a sweet bike- congrats. As soon as the springs arrive we can set up a day, either both on one day or separate and have some fun on the dyno. Shoot me a mail at bg@kleemannusa.com and let me know what your schedule looks like, Brad too!
  16. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Walt - Sounds good and thanks again for donating the parts. I think I'll pass on that bet though, I'm not much of a gambling man. Brad.
  17. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kleemann - I just sent you an email. I'm excited to see how this goes. Thanks for offering up the dyno and your time. Hopefully we can get a short ride in at Capt. Jacks after the tune. Brad.
  18. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kleeman,

The springs are coming Fed Ex and estimated delivery is next Tuesday. I will e-mail you the tracking number. Would rather have sent it USPS but no gaurantee that it would get there in time for Jason.

I put the new ring and base gasket for Jason's 144 in the WR 125 spring kit.

Brad,

Believe me I wasn't gambling. Changing the governor spring on the WR 250 is a PIA. :banghead:

Walt
  19. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

A big THANKS to all involved in making this happen. I am in contact with every one and we will get our schedules laid out. Results will be posted!
  20. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was worried you might say that. Do you have any tips to make it go any smoother? Brad.