1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

'12 TE310 will not start

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Fin, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Fin Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Problem- My 2012 TE310 will turn over but will not start. This is what I know so far.
    • During last ride it was running fine although speedo unit stopped working and seems dead when ignition is turned on. It started up fine after a wash down.
    • It started to run rough during its weekly start up between rides, would not idle and eventually let out a couple of pops and stopped. It will turn over consistently but won't fire up. not even a slight crack.
    • It has a spark. I removed the spark plug and earthed it, turned the motor over and it has a regular spark visible. ( Tip- to get the socket into spark plug well easier, loosen off tappet cover bolts to take the compression off the Tappet cover rubber seal. It makes the hole bigger for fitting in the 5/8 socket.)
    • It has fuel flowing. Turn the key and the fuel pump makes all the usual noises. Disconnect the fuel line from the throttle body, turn key, pump starts and fuel shoots out......the throttle body is being armed with fuel when key is turned on.
    • Engine relay is making a clicking noise either side of hitting the start button during the starting process. Not sure if this is good or bad?
    • I have attempted to check for potential blockages in the injector but how do you know if its blocked? What is the best way to check if the injector is working correctly? Visual inspection looks fine.
    • Checked all wiring looms everything looks ok.
    • I am frustrated its been a while since last ride out and feel a need to cover myself and bike in dirt at high speed!:banghead:
    Conclusion-Either the injector is blocked or its not receiving fuel into the combustion chamber due to the ECU having trouble sending a message to the injector to squirt. Could this be why it started to run roughly then backfired a couple of times before it stopped.....the ECU has packed it in.
    I am close to taking it down the shop, but I like to try and fix issues myself to gain knowledge in case I am miles from help and need to get a stopped bike started.
  2. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Is your battery good? If so, I'd start looking for a short in the harness.
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    To remove a dirty injector from the list of possibilities, remove it, and spray carb cleaner into the supply side. There's a little screen on mine that got clogged up and was producing similar symptoms to yours.

Also, check your intake boot for looseness and cracks. Mine bike also had similar symptoms with a cracked intake boot.
  4. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    are valves in spec?
  5. Tim Randall Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr125 / WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Spark plug wet when you removed it?
  6. Husaberg Rider Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, BMW R1200 GS
    Sounds like my 12 TE250. I found that the Fuel pressure regulator bad after replacing pump, filter, etc. I've been through these issues on Husabergs. If the pump spins up you've most likely have a good battery and pump, you can see fluid being pushed up into the filter sitting on the tank bridge. Pull the air filter and spray a shot of starter fluid to see if it starts.

Still waiting for a moderator to approve my thread on sourcing a regulator from yesterday.

Good luck!
  7. Ken58 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
  8. Fin Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Thanks for all of the feedback guys and after all of that it turned out to be the spark plug. I tested it and it showed a spark however under compression ( according to the mechanic) it was a dud!!! Lesson learned- At the first, for a part that is so cheap I should have just replaced it to eliminate the possibility of it being an issue.
    RossmcG likes this.