12 port kawi injector & pcv with autotune anyone?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by aranpolaris, Oct 20, 2011.

1. aranpolaris Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2010 txc250. I just finished putting the bike back together since I ported it, installed the thin head gasket, and a kx450f 12 port injector. I already had a power commander 5 with autotune, and the initial feel is WAYYYY too rich. just checked my fuel table and the autotune is pulling fuel away from every throttle position and rpm range. after saving the table to the base map it is much better, the mid and top are ridiculous, the bottom is way better than before also. I'll let you know how it comes around once the autotune gets it dialed in more. by the way the kawi injector only cost me $70 and fits perfectly.:)
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    How cool is that!!! Keep the info coming please. :thumbsup: So are you pleased with the results? It makes more power and runs fine?
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That's the way I'd do it also. I've been thinking about a '11 TE310 and that's the way I had planned to go, PC5, Autotune and Kaw injector. Then let the PC5-AT dial it in.

:thumbsup:Great to hear it's working out.
  4. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Do you have a part # for that Kawi injector? Im thinking on going with that and the JD kit. Whats the price difference with that and the one Husky is making available?
  5. aranpolaris Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure how the jd setup will work to re-adj the fuel table as it is far too rich after adding the injector. the injector is kawi pn 49033-0010. the shop where I work has it for $70. http://www.cycledesignonline.com/default.asp

here's the current map, these are the changes just after the first moto and a 45min trail ride. pretty drastic

I went to a race yesterday and accepted the trim table after the first moto and the bike really came to life, the autotune is taking over 20% from much of the mid range and bottom end. I set the 0 throttle position @ -20% across the board since the bike was super rich at idle, that cleaned it right up. By the second moto it was ready to go, dead engine start in the open expert and pulled the holeshot by a mile, as the only 250 in the class, it suprised even me as it just about pulled the bars out of my hands on the launch. the bike is so much faster on the bottom it is crazy. I'm not sure how much the injector will help as a stand alone upgrade as I did the porting and head gasket at the same time.
    pcvtable.png
  6. Pullened Husqvarna
    C Class

I just installed the injector and used ibeat on my 2011 TE310 and it works awesome. Low 102, Mid 101, High 100. Throttle set to 100.4
    Borntoride71 and Meathound like this.
  7. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
  8. aranpolaris Husqvarna
    AA Class

FMF slip-on muffler, stock header
  9. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Anyone know if the Kawi 12 port injector will fit 08 TE 250/450/510
  10. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't know for a fact but it should fit. I have not seen where husky has announced a new fuel injector besides with the '12 TXC 310 amd the keihn '12 TC 250.
  11. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    Wy change on a 2008? whey run great.
  12. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I removed the PC V and Auto-tune today and went for a spin ???
    I will have to say that the $ 600 was not well spent with the fuel tuner.
    Maybe a 2-4% in the performance, after ridding with Auto-Tune for 6-9 months.
    Plan to buy the Kit ( nozzle and ECU) and keep the bike clean of aftermarket shit....
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I don't really know they all do. At $70 it's a less expensive toy to play with, that's for sure.

Mine's fine,even with the Athena 300 kit so no, it's not something I plan to get.
    crille74 likes this.
  14. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    Dont do it, it is not whorth the money, i have tride it, and it sucks big time, so i send it back to my dealer.
  15. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry I dont agree ! I have the injector / ecu / leo race pipe on a TE310 and it is GREAT !

Heaps more power across the range, no flat spots, runs 100% .

I would recomend to anyone !
    crille74 and 510 SM SC like this.
  16. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    Was the bike totally stock before, for the old race ecu runs much better, if it was stock before i think it can be good.
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  17. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have standard ECU, "Race" ECU which came with Leo Pipe and "12 point Injector" ECU !

The best combination is with the new "12 point Injector" ECU, new Injector, AND THE LEO VINCE PIPE .

What Pipe were you using ? Maybe thats why you found it not so good ? Also Im on a 310 not 250 ?
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  18. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is what I am running with a 2010 TXC 250 and it runs good. I have noticed a slight pop in the exhaust on de-acceleration but nothing that effects performance. Mine is better with the 12 hole injector.
    Motosportz likes this.
  19. Spook Husqvarna
    B Class

So now you have 2 ECU's that are good for nothing?

Pity the dealers don't (can't?) just reflash them or Husky should take them back under some sort of exchange program :mad:
  20. Spook Husqvarna
    B Class

Is this with the standard ECU and exhaust? Or did you upgrade to the Leo Vince and RACE ECU at some stage before the injector install?