12 hole injector for the 450/510/610/630?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by LawnDartMike, Dec 6, 2011.

1. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone looked into the injector on those models? Seems the 2010 450/510 use the same injector as the 630. Just wondering if there would be any performance gain/fuel economy to be gained. :excuseme:
  2. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I don't know, but sure am thinking about the injector with JD tuner for my 08 TE 450. I've looked at it just on the outside and it looks like the xlite bike as far as length and with goes. This just might be a winter project for me.
  3. NewHuskyGuy Husqvarna
    A Class

I am curious too! I just read all the posts in this section about the injector swaps but i think everybodys' bikes are 250/310s. I have an 09 TE510 and this improvement would be lights out for the big bore bikes!!! My buddy has an 09 kawi 450 and we were talking about the injections on both bikes a while back. I know his bike is a race bike and mine is a dual sport so mapping and cams are different but.... I was a little sad when he was talking about absolutely not bog and no flameout anywhere in his powerband and the bark of the bike. His throttle responce, as he put it, was no different from his fcr carbed bikes and so on. Im not completely stuck on this though, the TE has many attributes to admire with the plate in Cali and the freedom from the red/green sticker bs out here. The power is still there and this bike is a tractor when you need it and it pulls for days on excelleration but a little squishy at times with lack of snap. I guess im still used to my CRF450 that came before. So if anybody does any of this testing with the big bikes this will be cool to see!!!
  4. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    I'd be interested too. If I understand things correctly, the stock injector is four holes. Is that right? Is there enough adjustment in the JD tuner to compensate for the higher flow 12 hole injector?
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Any new news on this front?
    Mik-3 likes this.
  6. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I think one of us has to just do it...:thinking:...... :popcorn: I read the ttpost of the 'one guy" who reported doing it- but didn't gove enough info for me to believe it would be "all we would hope for" and issue free especially since I don't have nor plan to get a piggyback tuner. Basically, if I could make it work with just CO1,2,3 adjustments YES it would be something I'd be interested in.

I think if it could be tuned properly- there should be results- that 4 hold injecter just looks like a squirt gun compared to the 12hole (which looks a more precise injector). I would think the bigger bores would adapt more easily than the small bores as well. So that one tt post kinda put me on the hooks...

I am getting to the end of my budget with just spring prep and maintenence- so I don't see myself doing this soon- maybe mid summer if no one posts a completely negative attempt.
  7. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    How many holes are in the injectors for the bigger bikes? All i have read is that they is the 12 hole injector upgrade for the 250/310's. Not any other bike.
  8. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    [IMG]
    4 holes... (just like the ones the xlites are swapping out for 12 holes)
    You are right Husky did not put out a kit for the big bikes... this would be an experiment of sorts... (not yet prescribed). Some 250/310 owners likewise just put in the Kawasaki injector (same 12-hole injector) as a single unit with varying results. SOme were very good. For the 250/310 xlites the best is getting the ECU and Injector in a package. For us we may benefit with improvisation or just taking that chance. One guy stated he did it on TT and it did not need much for fueling adjustments- but has not said much more. So it still feels like taking a chance... if you have a Powercommander/wAT and know how to use it- I'd definitely try it (if you are the experimental type and not the plug n play type)
    ****stolen pic from the 250/310 post on the 12hole- thanks yamafreek!
  9. Catang5oh Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok, I have some research I'll share, here's all 3 left to right. Stock, Kawi Injector being sold as a 12, but really is a 10, and the Husky 12 port from the kit. The only bike in Kawis lineup that listed a 12 port injector was the 2012 450F, but the part # in the fiche was the same as this 10 hole, got me but be careful ordering it and expecting a 12 port. The 10 worked well in my 310, and I only installed the injector at the time, no tuning. It pulled better mid and top than ever, and the flash out off idle was almost non existent.

[IMG]

4 port

[IMG]

10 port
    [IMG]

12 port
    [IMG]
  10. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Apparently there is a Kawa 10hole and 12hole- looks like early on in the info there was reference to the 12-hole but was actually a 10hole part number... appears to be resolved at this point... I would get the 12-hole (49033-0011) - the 10 might work if you have more tuning options like the PCw/AT.

11. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    What year is your 310? And is it a TE?

12. Catang5oh Husqvarna
    A Class

13. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    And this injector fit in sm510r 2010 model?
    What is the benefit here, can i install it and start and that PC V + Autotune manage the map?
    Where can I buy that 12-hole, what it would cost. When a standard cost about $ 262 importer, so this probably should be put replace.
  14. FWIW, I was having a hell of a time diagnosing a hot motor problem on my 2009 TE450, actually the bike ran OK when cold other than being a PITA to start but it starting running really hot and felt like it was missing at times. On steep hills it just wouldn't go, no power. I changed the plug and plug wire thinking maybe it was a spark issue. Next I metered the coil, it was way off according to the service manual, it turns out the service manual is way off, thanks Husqvarna!:banghead: I removed the JD tuner, no luck, same issue. Clogged injector maybe? Ordered up the Kawi 12 hole injector, seemed worse, by now the motor heat was making my gas boil. Finally borrowed an ECU from a 2008 TE510 (I left the 12 hole injector in) and the bike ran perfect!:applause: I called Dan at MotoXotica and he just happened to have the right ECU in stock and had it shipped and on my doorstep in 18 hours from Vacaville, CA to Reno, NV just in time to leave on a weekend ride I'd been planning for months. I didnt have time to test ride and tune so I just set the TPS and used JD's recommended settings for my bike. I didnt mess with the tuner at all in 350 miles over the weekend, the bike ran flawless, I think actually better than ever with the 12 hole injector and the JD tuner.

BTW, I was getting over 40mpg with a mix of single track and 2 track trails and small bit of pavement, it may be a little rich but no bog or flame outs, I'd rather be a tad rich than too lean.
  15. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    thanks sharpie1, wow alot going on there... glad your bike is running great.

Could your test how the bike runs with the Jd tuner set to not effect the fueling? Also what are your Ibeat settings at? this would help guage the effects of the 12-hole with these bikes.
  16. My next ride I'll set everything to stock, the recommended settings are just a tad richer than stock. My CO's are all at 100.
  17. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    It seems the new ECU could likely have been your fix but if it's running good with the 12 hole I'd certainly leave it.
  18. From my limited knowledge of injectors the amount of fuel sprayed has nothing to do with the amount of holes and everything to do with the flow rate, the flow rate for the Kawi 12 hole is supposed to be 440cc, I haven't been able to find the specs for the stock 4 hole injector. Maybe someone here knows the flow rate of the stock 4 hole injector???? I wish I had an AFR meter to tune properly...maybe thats next.
  19. Chuck Ferrell Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Anybody come up with a replacement fuel injector for the TE630? I would like to have a spare one in the pack for the longer adventure rides, and the OEM injector is too expensive.
  20. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

has anybody replaced the stock injector from a 2010 SMR 450 w a 12 hole unit from a honda or kawi ? and how much adjustment did you have to do w tuning ? anybody able to run it as is and what kind of gains or problems did it cause. most of the info here is on the 250 and 310 models thank you