100's MC National Hare n Hound 2017

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Huskynoobee, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It's that time of year again. The desert is calling. Come on out for our 50th Anniversary Johnson Valley Championship October 21,22. We've gone all out this year! Come see the History of Desert Racing Museum, with bikes and racers that are the stuff of legend. We have a live band, free grub, and the tough but satisfying course you've come to love.
    Oh, and somehow we talked Ty Davis into being our Grand Marshall. Check the flyer for details.

2017_100sNHH.jpg
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    The course is going to be good. Nothing to wear you out on loop 1, but 2 and 3 will bring the woopass.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Heard there will be the battle of 125s let start a bet going will Robert on his older tricked out YZ 125 beat the new Zip Ty Racing TC 125

Cant wait till loop 3 in the rocks
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    dang it I opened my mouth, I need to get an S/A muffler if im to use the yz, and I really wasnt planning on it. I may strictly be a battle of the 2 strokes.. im way outta shape!!!
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK Robert bring that new TX 300 I will run against that no problem. You have been called out so see you there. Now are we having fun yet
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    We're getting close. The club is working hard to make this a great event weekend.
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    don't slag me I'm relenting, it will be the TX300.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    So who from this fun filled site is IN????
    for some nice, smooth, flat, open, flowing, desert racing............
    teaser fotos from the 100s MC
    PS I am not in good condition for this and will probably hit at least a couple of walls along the way.
    100sMC Nat 2017b.jpg 100sMC Nat 2017.jpg
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    http://100smc.org/race-information/

So who from this fun filled site is IN????
    for some nice, smooth, flat, open, flowing, desert racing............
    teaser fotos from the 100s MC
    PS I am not in good condition for this and will probably hit at least a couple of walls along the way.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm flying back home today, then it's off to JV to hang some pretty pink ribbon, drive some stakes, and staple cards so nobody gets lost. Just another teaser...you will attain the maximum velocity your scoot is capable of on my loop.
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    One of my loop crew was out on his 2017 TX300. He loves it and is super happy compared to his former FC350.
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Putting the old 449 to work marking course. Here's part of my crew.
    20171014_113942.jpg
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks 100s MC for all your work.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK inmates wish us all a good safe national H&H and prayers for not too many new scrapes gouges and dents on the bike...ive been kindler and gentler on this bike than on my 2014, even my pipe is still intact.
  15. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    We got some rocks for that.
    Bill502 likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    well mr John completed all 3 loops as expected. I abandoned the course after completing the L2.
    My aggression was low and my brain was playing with me all due to the mostly dust invisible first 10-15 miles. I thought I was following John which I was keying off him for a while, but realized I was following Johns ex WR300 with the Ohlins suspension, but I was fine with it as it was a full on dust cloud across the dez. Then he was down I circled around and blocked the "trail" with my bike, he was loopy and looked like he got a punch in the face with blood, but not too bad. I made sure he was breathing and not too concussed as others pulled up, then I left and let the next check know he was down (N24S or N28S I forget now) but John also stopped I guess after me because I was first on the scene.
    This is the first time in nearly 10 years of doing Nat H&H that I dropped out. Huskynoobees dry lake bed was a great place to go smooth and drink some water, immediately after I got silt clouded by guy in front of me in the silt bed and caught my front in a hidden rut OTB off to the right. felt good got back on but still kept a slow safe pace, game was not good, mental and physical. finished first loop and figured 2 would open up and get out of dust which it did. The big opening hill on the second loop realy was cake for the 300, however there was a guy stuck and I had to stop at the steepest point. Rekluse really saved me for this and I crested----but really had to stop already and felt very weak, not a good way to open L2. I rode down the other side no issue but just felt like crap. Then a few more miles in realized that my ribs were hacked from the L1 get off. every freaking rock just reminded me, so I just soldiered on with breaks and got through all the other very gnarly sections with loud audible pain curses while trying to load peg with only my left foot which was less painful in my right side. So after stopping a bunch and giving a kid on a CR250 3 zip lock bags of fuel right near the L 3 into 2 rejoining canyon split, I just cruised in and had them take my card. That's my story there is more but that's about it in a nutshell. advil and lots of hydro today.

Oh and immediately after coming out of the L3 into L2 canyon I puked 3 times hard all the water/goo packs that were sloshing around in my gut. first time I ever puked at a national as well. So 2 firsts for the day ,1 quit (I hate that word) 1 puke (party til ya puke MFer!!)
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norman Foley likes this.
  18. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Dust can so kill a ride! I rode the Ama dualsport ride in the Sierra's last weekend and the dust was so bad on Friday that it just spoiled the whole day. Here we're in the beautiful mountains and you can't see a thing. My fault for not having a GPS so I could hang back to get out of the dust.........
  19. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, just got back home after cleaning course. To be honest I freaking hated that silt bed. We actually re-routed the course through there to try and keep riders out of the wheel ruts as much as possible, but there was just no joy. The BLM has made all of those cool hills south of the lake bed off limits for races because of how close they are to private property. After the hurricane of wind on Friday it was a little too calm on the bomb run. It took a few minutes longer than normal to sweep after your line took off because the dust cloud just sat there.

Sorry you got banged up Rob. It was great to see you out there with John at the start.

The good news is that while staging from Cougar Buttes makes for cool camping and scenery, we will not likely run any races there for the foreseeable future. There's just no place to run a good first loop without the course almost being too close together inbound and outbound.
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    No worries you guys always do the best of the best that you can do within the confines and regulations. I do however think that more rows may have been better for us..of course not better for the back rows....but I get it, the decision was made to do 3 row start. Its just that we slow As got all hung up with slower Bs that were on our line but got better starts. regardless I was not on my A game anyway. Thanks for all the work you guys did out there. It was long and relentless and good training.
    Norman Foley and Huskynoobee like this.