1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 WR165 chassis bearings

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by omnivore, Feb 23, 2018.

1. omnivore Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 more bikes.
    Last Sept I made a feeble attempt to swap out the swingarm and linkage bearings on my WR. With the press I had access to it was too difficult to keep the socket stfaight to press anything out....so I simply cleaned and regreased everything liberally with Lucas Red and Tacky.
    However I need to do the job right this winter along with wheel bearings. My local shop has supplied me with Pivot Works kits....they don't seem to have outer seals and may be a bit wider as well.
    Anyone have any in sight or advice on doing this crappy chore?
    Thx.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have seen multiple time where pivot works had the kits wrong for the Italian huskys probably my last choice of what to use because it is really frustrating.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Vice & sockets works a treat for swingarm & bottom shock bearing. I know the 250/300's have a raised centre in the linkage so can't push them out(have to punch out or something similar), can't remember on 125's? Unusual for linkage bearings to be shot, normally swingarm & lower shock are toast & linkage just needs greasing
  4. omnivore Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 more bikes.
    Mine looked to be bone dry when I got bike.....inner races on swingarm bearings even wore grove into swingarm axle. Gonna price that out too or have it welded and milled.
  5. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi guys, agree with OMNIVORE, we did our bikes when brand new and limited grease. They are a shit to do. I have a walkway with concrete both sides and a heat gun and car jack with socket and drivers works but ......

I did find some non oem roller bearings for an earlier model husky that I am doing up (83) and it has double lip seals on the end of the rollers.

Try not to high pressure wash area. difficult not to do.

don't know where you are, but I got big balls kit for mine.
  6. robbyredneck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz250f, crf250r kx100
    doing mine now . have always done it this way... it works. dremel with a carbide burr. cut through the needle bearing shell. it will collapse on itself and fall out. as bagga said. there are raised portions in the bores