1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 WR 125 setup

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Aug 8, 2009.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hey guys,

I am getting an 09 WR 125. I can't wait. What are you guys setting yours up as far as gearing, tires, etc?

Do you guys feel you need to have the new Zoch 50's revalved or is there enough variability in the clickers to meet your personal needs?

Do you like the new TMX or are you thinking about trying a PWK like many of us did in the past?

Anyone put an EFM auto clutch on an 09?

I made the same post over at TT to try and get as much input as possible.

Thanks for your time,
    Walt
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Norman,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that the 2010 WR125 would come with the KYB's which are assume forks. When I read that the 125's would keep the zoch's, I didn't see any reason to pass up the great end of year deals.

So when it snows off the forks go. Probably to LTR but where else has anyone sent their dual chamber 50's and what were the results?

I sent an inquiry to Rekluse to see if they are going to take on the 125 in the future. If they aren't I will send my clutch to EFM once the snow flies.

Thank you again and keep the thoughts coming,
    Walt
  4. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

WER will do a great job on your 50s!
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well lets see Buy a Wr then read all the post where most people are trying to make it run like a stock Cr Or get a Cr and if you live in the woods add a spark arrestor
    and go ride it you are done
  6. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    As much as I hate to admit it....the WR does not have the same Rip factor as the CR....at least as far as my 06 CR is concerned....to that extent ajax (john) is right on the money...

The CR ignition advance curve is designed to spool it up much quicker and it does spin the rear at will and it has more fierce acceleration for sure.....the WR on the other hand.... will hang nicely under load and is way more progressive...but on top they are pretty close.

with the WR you get...the 18'" rim..mich tires...HD Oring chain...lights...speedo..TXC forks...and new frame that does handle better in the tight stuff ....it feels closer to the ground...and is great for the woods....and if you need to stop on the trail and have a leak......its got a kickstand that works :smirk:

the new TMX is nicely metered and progressive once jetted.....and has a predictable idle and low end response

the old framed CR has great straight line stability in its favor....but also feels much taller too...

provided you get a WR that has the early issues sorted....the WR is pretty darn good...especially in snotty conditions ie..when you need to paddle it along with your feet at times....

my problem is my other bikes collect dust....because if I am not at the MX track...the WR is all I seem to be riding lately :thinking:

gearing is flexible...one down on the front for sure

turbo core 2 sparky works well with no noticeable loss of power

forks need to be run with clickers close to out for the first 10 hrs to free up....work pretty good...still a wee bit of deflection....but I ride mine for fun....not racing

but if its bang for buck...get a pre 09CR if you can find one :thumbsup:
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 09 CR125s are sold out and according to the 2010 order guide, the CR125 is NOT being imported for 2010.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thanks for all the great comments. I will be plating the bike so I need the WR ignition. I also want the more progressive curve for all the crap holes we ride in on occasion. Great comments by all, Thank you.

So far what I am hearing is no need for the PWK, the forks are a little harsh at first but will loosen up and I can get them re-valved over the winter, take it down a tooth on the CS sprocket, add the EFM auto clutch(no doubt), and ride it like I stole it.

What skid plate are you guys running? It is a must here with all the boulders, logs, and crap.

Walt
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I wanted so badly to say this, but I was afraid of pissing everyone off... thanks for reading my mind Ajax! :lol::cheers::thumbsup:
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    What the HECK is Husky thinking!!!??? The 2T 125 class is still the most popular for 13-16 year old kids at the tracks we race. So many people come to our pit to ask about our Husky it's almost ridiculous. I just don't get it. :banghead::banghead:
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I agree...besides the fact "sold out" is a pretty good indicator...:excuseme:

not sure what the ratio(how many)of CR's to WR's were imported..though..??

could be they are putting all the eggs in one basket with the 2010 TC 250....on the other hand sometimes big corporate decisions can be truly mystifying....:thinking:

having said that I saw the full page release photo of the new thumper in MXA right along side the new japanese bikes.....and although I am slightly biased....It looks very trick indeed :thumbsup:
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well we will have to start a thread how to make a 2010 Wr into a Cr

Now is the time to start talking if the no Cr is really true
    that is what the Wr boys did and they got there WR
    I was going to get a 2010 Cr 125 so as to keep receiving $$$$$$$$$
    from the Husky Bucks program To tell you the truth i have never seen a
    WR 125 only CR 125s hate to think they are gone .
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Ajax,

There are still a few CR125's in dealer floors. I have spent some time looking. I haven't found the same deal I am getting on the WR but still in the 5K range.

You put a light on your cr for the night race. Do you think it is worth the money to change out the stock light for what you were running? I don't ride at nite but when you least expect it is when you have to and need all the light you can get. I was on a recent ride that took us almost 4 hours to go 4 miles and thought we might be stuck in the dark. Would hate to ride there with a feeble light.

Walt
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Don't let those CR guys get to you!:busted:
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I run a 6 inch LED light and it has about the same power as a 135 watt
    Hallogen yet only pulls 26 watts of power MR GEORGE from uptight
    has a 4 inch LED set up super trick.He has made it so it fits right in the stock headlight fram. But to answer your question the cost of the light
    is priceless if you get stuck out in the dark But then how offen is that going to happen Only you can make that call But if you would ride more at night if you had a better light then i would say for sure see what George has .PS a stock 4 stroke Husky Battery box cost only 5 bucks from the dealer and fits right in the 2 stroke air box no fab work needed and no bolts either just sets there and the seat hold it down .
    With a Battery you have even more options
  16. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Am I now allowed to put a dealer name here or does it have to go into deals and steals? Ridersville Cycle still has 1 or 2 '08 CR's. P.M. me for a number if needed.
  17. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

hmm not so sure about just a spark arrestor ...
    still very new to the 125 thing ... The suspension on my 08 cr is going to get sent to factory connection this week, too damn harsh for New England. there is a power now on the way. and on the advice of an over the hill champion who runs cr's I've got an fmf fatty on the way too. Still gotta get the stator rewound so I can light it up and get it plated .. and when it's all said and done .... the damn seat still comes up to the belly button on my 5'11" frame. I have some very real concerns about the seat height in the nasty trials like terrain you find in New England enduros and turkey runs.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Both? If you want?

The purpose of the deals & steals section is to share good deals or hard to find items with the members. A dealer having a couple of 08 CRs with no price does not necessarily mean it has to go in there... feel free to post phone numbers or website if you want (unless you are affiliated with the dealer).
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thanks Ajax,

I will drop George a line. I don't care if I never use it but I would give anything to have it in the right situation.

Walt
  20. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Don't take a tooth off the front CS. I just tested this set up this weekend. kills power for some reason. Maybe 1 or 2 on the rear, but stock works fine.

Forks work well in sand, whoops and hard hits. Not a bad mx setup, but too harsh for enduro, rocks. Mine are off this week. If your under 6' get it lowered at the same time. This bike is very tall...higher than my 08' TC450.