1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 Wr 125 Bog/Performance Solved?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I may have to try that needle. I put in the 175 main fully expecting the final slight bog to go away. Instead it got worse again. We started the H/S in about 45-50F and once again I had dead bog at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Thought maybe that my choice of the 175 main may have been too lean. About lap 4 the temps had risen to about 60-65F degrees and the bog had almost gone away. That leads me to think that the needle (JD Blue #4) is too lean. I can raise it all the way to test but that is not a good position. I may have to try the NOZF in my 35mm also. I plan on doing more testing next weekend before the SERA H/S in Meridian. I plan on getting there early Saturday and start tinkering.
  2. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    The NOZE and NOZF come in the new KTM 200's. The E is the standard and the F is a little leaner. The KTM 150 uses a NOZ needle also but it is leaner yet, it might have been a G.
    The JD blue was too lean for me. I am thinking of trying a 178, 40 pilot, but lowering the needle one more notch. My local KTM guy says the NOZ needles are short and work best in the the two richest positions.
    Down riding on Joe Terry's farm yesterday, he says he knows you.
    GP
  3. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Gentlemen...

Here's a copy of a post to a carb thread from some time ago. The 35mm PWK will not mate up cleanly, the diameters are not the same on either end.
    The 36 and the 38 PWK are the exact same dimensions, and either one is a a direct fit. Doing a little research, I could not find any reducer/spacer type of sleeves to get the 35 to the 36/38 dimensions. A shop made spacer is the only option, I think?

With the 38mm, the plate insert carb mod by RBDesigns is something to be considered. I haven't done it yet, but is on the possible list.

Keep up the research...vinduro, make sure you have that slight tension set on the top spring on the power valve. It's in the first couple of pages in this thread. Like Darty said, the springs could vary bike to bike...

Looking forward to more!

''My son is doing a good job of going through the same routine while we are testing the jetting on the '09 WR125.

When this got real frustrating I had the bright idea, ''Go get out the '04 KDX200 and see if you can make it bog…''

I raced an entire hare scramble season on this bike is '07. Actually won the District 6 Senior B class on this bike.

Anyone who knows these bikes would agree they make good consistent power from idle and up.

I never had a bog/blah experience on this bike and would have argued that it did not exist… but to my surprise my ''test rider'' on the KDX could make it happen, ever so slight…

On his first roll-on test on the KDX he got hooked up, wheelied across the field and came back with a very surprised look on his face. There was no way his dad's old race bike could run like that! On his chop the throttle maneuver he could get a very small hesitation type of bog, but it recovered very quickly and aggressively.

It has an older style, 3 hose vent Keihin 35mm on it. I pulled the carb and #5 slide off the KDX, wrapped a thin strip of duct tape around the flanges to mate it up to both rubber boots on the WR125, left the jetting the same that I have had in KDX for years, which I never had to adjust no matter where I ran it.

With the 35mm/#5 slide on the WR, without messing with the jetting it ran great, no bog. Pulled off the bottom, ripped through the middle and pulled hard on top. Whether it signed off early on top I don't know…short field and did not want to push the main too much if the jetting was lean.''
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Guys, I think your on the right track! My thinking was dropping the slide down to a 5, 5.5, 6 on the PWK/using a 125 sx stock needle/ plus some needles above or below the stock one. i have a hunch that the 7 slide is too lean. I'd also do the plate mod. Water Racer did a good move towards the NOZ needles.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I ordered a NOZF for my 38mm and a NOZI which is what comes in the KTM150XC. I ordered them from Mikes Cycle Supply in Baton Rouge. They do a lot of mail order and are the largest supply of KTM parts in the USA. KTM America orders from them sometimes. LOL. They had them in stock.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I got the KTM 150XC NOZI needle from my local KTM dealer. I figured it would be a good one to try. I'm in snowmobile mode right now, so may be awhile before it gets tested. Let us know how you make out Dwight.
  7. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I mean't to say the needle likes to be in the two leanest positions, top two grooves.
    Will be interesting to hear how the 150 needles work.
    GP
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    What does the NOZF and the NOZI equate to? Needle Taper, Length, Diameter? Also might want to look at slides because KTM went with smaller richer ones, if my research was correct. Look at slide differences between older sx and exc models.

KTM uses a 69 needle and 55 slide for the PWK/125SX (Richer needle and Richer slide).

KTM uses a 72 needle and 65 slide for the PWK/125EXC (Leaner needle and Leaner slide).

Also, they have a 60 slide available.

Is this why the PWK is loosing topend with the 70 slide, is it getting to lean?

My next move was to order a 50, 55, 60 slide for PWK 38

By the way guys, keep up the good work!
  9. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought the slide cut only affects the 0-1/4 throttle opening?
  10. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Slide cutaway can affect from 1/8 up to 1/2.
  11. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

You could also start out with just the 5 slide and make it leaner as needed. It is real easy to make a slide a higher number with a dremil and a sanding wheel.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If somebody that wants a 36mm PWK A/S (2011 KTM 150XC) contact me direct as I can put them on a real deal for a complete new carb !!
    I struck the deal today with the parts manager of one of my shops and he said if the person is a Cafe Husky Member, asked for him direct and mentioned my name that he would honor that price. I don't think that could be beat . Better than even I got. This would have saved me about $35 or more because of shipping . Save someone else at least $100 or more from retail.
    Dwight Rudder
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vinduro, good deal! By theway are you planning on trying the CR Ignition?
  14. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No.
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    NW Rider,

Next time you do it , could you take some pics and do a step by step process?
  16. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I do not plan to do this again anytime soon. But I remember last time I just did a web search. Here is a post I found on ktmtalk (might have to be a member to view it)
    http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=319185&hl=cut slide
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Mark,

Will I start seeing orange if I join?
  18. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice find, helps alot. I want to go in small increments to see what happens. I think I want my slide a 5.5 or a 6?
  20. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Tried the NOZF in the #2 position with a 40 Pilot and 178 Main. The NOZF was too rich and not crisp in the #3 position. Much better in #2. This is a much richer needle than a JD Blue. Also richer than the NOZI just looking at them. Not enough testing yet. I was supposed to have a SERA H/S this weekend but it was postponed due to the ice storms this week. So I haven't done any riding except down street and back. I hope to find some place to do some testing with this setup and also with the 36mm PWK A/S next weekend. I have only 3 weeks before the Nat'l Enduro in SC.