1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09 TXC 510...after a few races

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by moreccsthanlbs, Jun 10, 2019.

1. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    I picked up a new to me 09 TXC 510 a few months ago. I have a few races on it now, 2-GP's, a desert scramble, and now a Sprint Enduro. Gp's and desert, no issues...the bike is a beast. Over the weekend at the Sprint Enduro, I was boiling over and it didn't want to idle. I was caught in a bunch of bottlenecks which I'm sure didn't help. While on the down hills, it would stall???? Just got too hot??? Carb issue???? Just confused as this has never happened before. There is some fancy bowl for $200 and a JD jet kit for $80 somethin?? Anybody use those or am I just over thinkin it??
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wasn't the TXC fuel injected in 2009?

Do you have a TC?
  3. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    You might want to check your water pump impeller. There is a high flow impeller for the big blocks, but finding one might not be that easy. They have been out of production for a while.
  5. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    I ordered a high flow impeller...should be here by Monday. Hopefully that helps
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    On my 2008 TXC450 race bike (same setup as your 510)
    #1 carb mod----I had a JD jetting kit (best mod) with full set up accelerator pump mod with leak jet setup, all done by the JD Jetting chart, Most important for a good starting hot or cold and for an all conditions running machine. I never used the hot start , ever.
    intake splitter scary fast brand power nows on both sides of the carb (great but not needed to run well and no longer made anyway),
    carb vent filter 7602 brand (a good idea to prevent dust from sucking into the vent lines and into the carb),
    also had a scary fast brand powershot type accelerator pump cover (not needed to run right but a good mod).
    That was my overall FCR41 carb bullet proof package

For bullet proof coolant package had a full TC450 line kit (no thermostat), first ZipTy non aqueous coolant then Evans non aqueous coolant and the later model (I think 2010) OEM higher flow coolant pump assembly. Be sure to use hi strength lock tite on the impeller nut. One time I was overheating and I pulled the cover and the impeller was sitting in there, I found the nut later inside the cylinder jacket!

I know this is most likely off the radar at this time, but the best twin cam engine mechanical mod ever was installing the SMR450 model counter balancer shaft and hardware into the machine. I your case would be the SMR510 components.
    268fords and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    BTW ZipTy Racing was the US top tier (basically factory) race team with these bikes, Ty has all sorts of info/data on race builds for these models. So for any additional tech info ZipTy racing is the go to joint.
    So if not JD Jetting the Keihin FCR41 ZipTy mod is probably a great set up too and with better jet set tuning you may find it less prone to hot running from getting the fuel system better dialed. Again for the home brew method JD has the fix, just pull the carb put it on the bench and do the entire JD recommended set up accelerator pump mod (not just needle and jets) like I stated above.
  8. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    Thank you so much. Gonna order a jd jetting kit and go from there. Next race isn't until Sept, so I got time.
  9. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    Awesome. Ty did my suspension. Maybe I'll call him first. I appreciate the help...I'm a two stroke guy (cr500). We'll get 'er :thumbsup:
  10. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    Lookin at a bunch of youtube videos....looks like Zipty carb mod for me. Thanks again for the advice.
  11. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

the husky gru - george at up-tite will tell you the stock water pump will push a stream 20 feet out the hose, you can run the water too fast in an engine. i think the waterless coolant is the better way to go IMHO. and jet it fat. run em cool
  12. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    Update....high flow impeller, new rad cap..... everything has been golden.....still gonna have Zip Ty do the carb mod