1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09 Te250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Huldra, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Huldra Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te250
    Hey I got an 09 te250 that I green plated and now I’m thinking of putting it back on the road .in Ontario Canada I need a letter from the manufacturer stating it came from the factory street legal . Does anyone know who to contact for such a thing? Thanks
  2. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you know the dealer that sold the bike new (and they are still around) that may be best starting point.

(Relatively) local to you, Quad Experts is a current Husqvarna dealer but was also a dealer in the Italian days.

Rob Lang at Lang’s Off-Road may also know where to start.

I do know that new Husky corporate owner is not necessarily motivated to assist with prior issues. I imported a Husky from US not long after acquisition by BMW. It took forever to get the recall notice statement (needed by RIV process to register in Canada) saying no recalls affect the bike.
  3. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    4BFFBC5D-45BE-49CB-9BFA-2DA942FD8E5F.png

Give Dan or Anne at motoxotica a call. They are a husky dealer and should be able to give you a hand. I know they aren’t local to you, but they are some of the most helpful people I have ever dealt with.
    VTMTcowboy likes this.
  4. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

The paperwork needs to show that the bike was originally sold as street legal in Canada, so US dealers will likely not be able to help.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That bike probably came with certification stickers on it.

Would that be enough proof?
  6. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is a government process, common sense does not apply, hoops must be jumped through.
  7. Huldra Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te250
    Still waiting on husqvarna for my letter it’s been months. I tried to reverse the off road status today with a safety and photo of compliance sticker . Service Ontario wouldn’t do it .