1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09 te 450 owners

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Nick Mac., Feb 11, 2009.

1. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

G'day all, I just read a post in an OZ site that may interest anyone who is picking up or has bought a new 09 TE 450.

" A good mate who works at the local husky dealer as a motocycle mechanic just took delivery of a 09 te450 and was just finishing off the run in process and there was a large amount of smoke from under the seat after a panic (visons of a bushfire runing thru my head) seat removal we found the battery scorching hot and the battery leads melting all the insulation off them we tore one off to stop the dead short.
    The problem the two battery leads run thru a piece of sub frame on the L/H side of the battery and it rubbed thru the leads
    so if you own one or know some one that does get on to the routing of the battry leads a few zip ties and some heater hose may save loss of a new bike and a bushfire we were lucky this happened around a toolbox who knows what the result would have been on the trail "
    this is cut n paste of the thread. I hope this saves someone some heartache out there. I thank also the original poster opf said article fror bringing it to light.
  2. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

Sorry CafeHusky if I posted in wrong spot?
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Good post Nick, thanks for the heads up. :cheers:
  4. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

No probs....I thank the origional poster ..I had no idea myself..