1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09 kick stand

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by jcarlson9, Mar 19, 2009.

1. jcarlson9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone tried to mount the 09 side stand on the 08 te ?,my 08 is too long and basicly blows :D
  2. ffkira Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 TE 150i
    did you cut the bolt down so it doesn't auto retract? That helps.
  3. jcarlson9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thats the first thing i did,its still too long and the bottom pad is too small !:banghead:
  4. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

I heard the 09 stand fits on the 08 bikes, but isn't much, if any, better. The angle is wrong, when down the foot is too close to the bike. It's been 6 months since my dealer 'ordered' an 09 replacement for me. ha. Whatever. ride.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Something I've just got use to.
    Never had a bike before I had to be off of to work the kick stand.:thumbsdown:

Maybe some of you are more talented then I but it's just a lot easier putting my Husky on and off the stand while standing beside the bike.
    It sucks....:excuseme:
  6. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm 6'2" and I almost always work the stand before and after I'm on the bike. Plus, always have to make sure the ground on the stand side is lower than the other side or the bike won't stand. I've gotten used to it, but it's still a pain.
  7. drrthumper Husqvarna
    B Class

Great Bike, POS Kickstand

I'm 5' 11" and I have to get off the bike, lean it over about 4" away from the kickstand side than tilt it back to rest on the stand. I always make sure the ground on the kickstand side is lower than on the other side. I learned this lesson the hard way. I think gravity has made my bike fall more often than I have...and that's saying something.
    Husky has the talent to make these great bikes, you'd think they'd be able to design a kickstand that keeps the bike upright.