1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 125 WR/CR jetting thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Apr 25, 2009.

1. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah when the temps are warmer they seem to be,but in the cooler temps some massaging is neccessary back here in the east.
    A little tweak makes a big difference though.Just setting the idle and air screw made a noticable difference. :thumbsup:
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think it may matter how you ride. If you keep it pinned all day long and use the clutch as a throttle then the jetting is probably not very picky. I have a PWK on mine but the jetting from 5/8 on up is not picky at all. It is very hard to ever detect which main jet is the best. Below that range it is very sensitive to needle changes though.
  3. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I have installed my new parts.....we ran yesterday until dark...and I'll tell you it was like steaming hot jungle out there... swampy conditions etc..after 85 mm of rain and temps almost 90F... I also managed to snuff the bike out in a deep water hole....in the middle of nowhere......but it started after 5 kicks or so...I thought It was a goner...:(

BUT.....jetting was way off .....and I was quite surprised....I had to turn my airscrew out 3 turns or more( smaller pilot needed) ...I will try a 30 or maybe 27.5..I had a 40 in it

after the previous jetting I arrived(before update) at was spot on.....:confused:

Curious what every one else had arrived at with the new set up:excuseme:......and I think I might put the original 13T back on as well....as there is plenty of midrange pull...to handle it

I guess I'm back to the drawing board....
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Glad to hear you got your P/V's installed Troy. Thing pulls pretty good now doesn't it.:busted:
    I hand to turn my idle up a bit but not sure I need to change my pilot yet.

I also am running the 12t front Scott sent out. Makes it way easier in the tight S/T stuff.

Gotta get another vid going here soon...now that it's broken in an all.:D
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm running the 32.5 pilot, kit needle in middle position, 5.0 slide and the 470 main. i am running a Doma pipe and PC muffler but my buddy with the completely stock 09 WR125 is running about the same jetting. He has the 35 pilot and 460 main. Both bikes run well.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    5.0 instead of 4.0 slide from the Factory Power up kit...... Then your jetting makes more sense, as that big a main jet (470) with a spark arrestor silencer, if you had a 4.0 slide would be really rich.
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes for sure.....I was going to ask about the slide number...thought it may be a typo...

good info....I'm trying the needle in the middle....30 pilot...swap 470 to 460 for tomorrow :thumbsup:

I had the rough burble till quarter throttle..then a lean hesitation around half throttle....but overall one could tell by the zingy feeling that something had changed in there in a good way :devil:

I'll save the slide trick till later when I get a sparky....

thanks kelly and norm:thumbsup:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have run both the 5.0 and 4.0 with different needle positions. The 4.0 make more mid but spooges like a mad man. The 5.0 seems to run a little cleaner but needed a richer needle position to get rid of a bog. I might trey a smaller main but my bike runs very good now and got better fuel mileage than my buddies 09 WR125 running slightly leaner main but a 35 pilot instead of my 32.5. the 32.5 pilot made a good difference on my bike cleaning it up and giving it a crackle to the exhaust instead of a rich mellow sound.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I had the same experience with the 32.5 on our CR 125. The 35 was too much... gurgled off-idle. The 30 was too little... lean surges and finicky idle. The 32.5 is the ticket! :thumbsup:
  10. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

How do you get to the bottom on the carb to change jets? does not seem to flip with just loosening the clamps. Also is the idle jet changeable from the bottom plug or do i have to pull the bowl off?
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Loosen both clamps and slide them back well out of the way.....then pull the carb towards the rear.....and with a twist and turn pull the front out first towards you on the left side.....and voila !!!

the idea being that the airbox boot is more pliable than the stiff short boot on the reed cage....

just undo the screws and the bowl comes off...you can leave the hoses and cable attached to the card if your careful not to kink them as you work.....
  12. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I guess all your posts with the CR jetting apply now..as we all have basically the same spec now....:thumbsup:

thanks
  13. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not sure if its the temperature/humidity up here(90-95F) or what....but after having the carb apart a few times.....and trying some different set ups..this is the most finicky bike I have ever jetted.....I have never juggled as much brass as much as I did yesterday....

0ut came the 35.....off idle was perfect with...a 30 pilot....and a solid smooth idle...screw at 1.75 turns

needle in the middle is best...but moved it around and it got worse..... still has the flat spot.???....not bad if the throttle is twisted once....but on and off the throttle a few times and I almost went over the bars as I braced myself for the hit....that never came....:excuseme:

but switching to a smaller mainjet 450....made it all perfect....perfect predictable throttle response.....I'm good to go now :thumbsup:

I will have my TC2 FMF tomorrow.....and I will try it straight up first.....fingers crossed
  14. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That sounds like hot weather effects to me Troy. Leaner in most places. Our CR's "hot weather threshold" seems to be 90+ degrees F as well. It was about 92 degrees today and I used a 450 main and put the clip in the middle for the race and everything seemed fine. I left the 32.5 in the pilot but backed the screw out another 1/2 turn from 1.5.

I must agree that these '09 125's seem a bit "picky" when it comes to jetting. Maybe the new Mikuni's aren't as forgiving as the older ones? No problem from my perspective however, since access to the carb is ridiculously easy and jetting changes take all of about 10 minutes.... THANK YOU Husky! :notworthy:
  15. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    No kidding about the easy carb access :thumbsup:

I think your right about the sensitivity about the new mikuni.....my 06 CR runs great at any temp....freezing to 90 above.....

funny story...in a rush and a panic....I dropped one on the screws for the top cover in the sand....:eek: and after a few minutes of sifting sand I gave up :foul:

decided to ride with one missing :banghead:.....got on the bike and away I went.....and I felt a rock in the bottom of my boot so I stopped to get the rock out....and low and behold...I found the screw :busted:
  16. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: I wish *I* was that lucky with lost hardware! :lol::lol::lol::cheers:
  17. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    That's strange, everyone always complained about the sensitivity of the old mikuni, I switched to a PWK and never looked back. Was hoping the new TMX was better. I think it comes down to the fact that they are squeezing so much out of this little motor, thus making the jetting finicky with any carb. For me the PWK is better, but I still change a clip every once in a while and almost always have to adjust the air screw. Mains I only change due to larger swings in the weather, or just to be on the safe side.
  18. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:

the only issue I have the the 06 CR is terrible idle quality....I just keep it high now and forget about it....which is OK for MX....

the 09 WR on the other hand....has a rock steady idle....time will tell when the weather cools off how finicky it really is...:excuseme:

I havent tried a PWK on a 125...but on a WR250 I tried it was really nice...:thinking:.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Now that I have it sorted mine does not seem finicky and i was surprised how well it handled elevation changes. :thumbsup: Runs about the same from 250'-6000' / 50 degrees to 95. :cheers: