08_TE610 Light Questions

Discussion in '610/630' started by Howard70, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello:

I'm doing some wiring, connecting head lights in Lynx fairng, etc. I'm trying to understand some of what's going on with my initial connections & I need someone with a stock 08 to tell me the following:

1. Ignition on, motor not running, kill switch in, headlights low beam:

Does the city light come on?
    Does the tail light come on?
    Does the brake light work if you apply brakes?
    Do the blinkers work?
    Does the instument panel come on?

2. Does any of the above change if the kill switch in out or the headlights are on high beam?

Once I get the tank back on & can run the engine, I may have other questions!:confused:

Thanks!

Howard Snell
  2. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

1. city light, tail, instrument panel yes..... NO BRAKE, NO BLINKERS, no headight
    2. no
  3. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

MacInfantry:

Thanks!

Howard
  4. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

IIRC The Lynx uses the City light (small bulb wire) to trigger the relay for the low beam, so the low beam will light with the engine off.

So: engine off; no blinkers, no high beam.

I will eventully find a wire that will NOT energize without the engine running to replace the city light wire, so no lights will be on till the engine is running. It shouldn't be a big deal deal.
  5. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Nesbocaj:

I'm thinking the same thing. I agree that it shouldn't be too hard - maybe one of the original headlight wires like the low beam? If I'm remembering correctly the OEM head light low beam won't come on unless the engine is running.

Need to spend some time with the wiring diagram. With the city light there wasn't much to worry about with the ignition on, engine off, because the draw was pretty low. The Lynx halogen probably draws quite a bit more.

Howard
  6. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, I was thinking of the low beam wire as well, and that would be the black wire, which was capped over for the install.

So, they used the white for the high beam, red-yellow (city) for the low beam. One has got to wonder why they did that?

I'll have time Friday, and will put the black on the low beam relay. If you get to it first let me know. (after checking the schematic!)

Bob
  7. HEy all,

I ordered a Lynx with HID low beam and halogen high beam.

When I wired the light cluster according to the instructions

- white Lynx to red/yellow OEM
    - red Lynx to white OEM
    - black Lynx to blue OEM

my high beam halogen came on full time and the HID only came on when I switched the high beam switch to on.

This is the opposite of what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if it will be as simple as re-wiring in the following way:

- white Lynx to white OEM
    - red Lynx to red/yellow OEM
    - black Lynx to blue OEM (no change)

Bike's a 2006. Red/yellow OEM was the city light.

Thanks!
  8. Yep, that simple.

Got an e-mail from Ian - 'twas a simple wiring mistake at his shop.